LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: this kinda goes with that lefty post  (Read 563 times)

Offline thedrummerschoice

• LGM Member

this kinda goes with that lefty post
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:28:09 PM »
im a right handed drummer but i have struggles with this problem alot... i like to play my hi hats a little low so i can get different soudns out of it by hitting it in different places do you guys ever like hit ur left hand on ur righ tstick or somethin like hit ur stick????? this is why i had to do ghost on the hi hat or snare with the left and hit snare with right hand and hit hi hat on the 2 and 4 with my left that john blackwell technique works really well for me... and im right handed???? is this normal??

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

this kinda goes with that lefty post
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:11:53 PM »
You need to adjust you seating position and hihat and drum heights so that you are not "handcuffing" yourself. Your sticks should clear each other. Don't use your arms - play with your wrist and fingers.

Move in slow motion playing a groove and watch how your body is moving and adjust equipment position accordingly. Using the John Blackwell technique is not required. if you just want to learn how to do that or do that to strengthen your left hand then that is another thing.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up