LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide guitar videos are up for real this time  (Read 1157 times)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

Slide guitar videos are up for real this time
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:36 AM »
Me and myspace had a fight. My vids were listed and will play now and then, but not sonsistantly.

Turns out, I had a photobucket (hmm... didn't even have anything on it lol), so I slapped them on there.

Here you go:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/jayp5150/?action=view&current=5a30251c.flv

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/jayp5150/?action=view&current=26a358e1.flv

Kinda looks like Photobucket grainy-ed them up a bit, and the timing's not perfect. I'll try to keep working with the myspace ones (they were a bit better quality).

Please let me know what y'all think.

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

Re: Slide guitar videos are up for real this time
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:06:20 AM »
that sounds tight bruh!  Reminds me of ZZtop  :D

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:39:13 AM »
                               COOL BROTHER
                            But,i must have that guitar :D

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »
                               COOL BROTHER
                            But,i must have that guitar :D

LOL, you can have one for about $75!

That's a Dean EVO. $99 new. I grabbed it used at GC for $75, then added all the hardware and electronics I had on my old slide guitar. Carvin p/u's, tuners, pots, knobs, etc. The Dean stuff went on my old slide guitar, and now I have a beater to knock around on at home.

It's a solid body (basswood), and a maple neck, whcih is why I wanted one. Even though it's a cheapie, my old LP copy was plywood! The tone on the Dean is much better, and for a slide guitar, it works great for me.

If you bought everything brand new (including the Carvin stuff), you'd only have about $200 in it  :o .

Thanks for the kind words so far guys.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »
OK, last time lol! They turned out a bit better on Youtube... I'll get this thing down eventually.

There...lol. Sorry. The poor quality was killing me.

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:54:06 AM »
videos are great man. you are very talented on the slide broham. i need a guitar that i can set up exclusively for slide. great sound too man.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
videos are great man. you are very talented on the slide broham. i need a guitar that i can set up exclusively for slide. great sound too man.

Like I was saying, find a solid-body beater, and mod it out with p/u's of your choice. It's a cheap "in," and yields a good tone usually. I played slide on a plywood LP copy with those same p/u's that are in the Dean for years (all the stuff on my soundlick except for the LGM track is the LP copy).

Thanks for the compliments. I wish I had more time to work with it. I was listening to some of those guys on Youtube playing delta blues, and I felt like I was dragging. I can't wait to hear your stuff now that you're fired up lol. ;D

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »
Like I was saying, find a solid-body beater, and mod it out with p/u's of your choice. It's a cheap "in," and yields a good tone usually. I played slide on a plywood LP copy with those same p/u's that are in the Dean for years (all the stuff on my soundlick except for the LGM track is the LP copy).

Thanks for the compliments. I wish I had more time to work with it. I was listening to some of those guys on Youtube playing delta blues, and I felt like I was dragging. I can't wait to hear your stuff now that you're fired up lol. ;D

its gonna be a process, i've never modded anything, so ive gotta pick a guitar (which means spending money) choose pickups (which means spending money) and get them installed (which means spending money) ::) yeeeah, gonna be a minute, lol.

but ive got a cheap acoustic that im semi-practicing on now, maybe i could post some videos up.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 03:52:39 PM »
its gonna be a process, i've never modded anything, so ive gotta pick a guitar (which means spending money) choose pickups (which means spending money) and get them installed (which means spending money) ::) yeeeah, gonna be a minute, lol.

but ive got a cheap acoustic that im semi-practicing on now, maybe i could post some videos up.

Do it (the vids, I mean). I might try to get some resonator vids up soon. I'll see how my week goes. Maybe hit some open G stuff as well.

If you can do basic soldering, you can wire a guitar. It's like paint-by-numbers... umm... except wih wire and solder and stuff... other than that, it's EXACTLY like paint by numbers.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up