LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Lady, Pastorís wife, Sister, Church Mother, Elect Lady  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

Re: First Lady, Pastorís wife, Sister, Church Mother, Elect Lady
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2007, 10:37:20 PM »
There's a difference in honoring some one and respecting authority. Technically those in leadership are subject to God and the people they serve... Church culture has this in reverse because people like to find comfort for their self esteem in their titles. I've encountered  people who are just as comfortable with you addressing them with their man made title or by their birth name. All of us can honor each other without reverance. Paul's point of view of honoring leaders with double honor means to reciprocate the service that those in ministry gives the body.

In a perfect world this is possible but we are dealing with humankind here so sorry for the diagnosis. The first lady term actually has roots to men in pagan cultures who had multiple wives and concubines. The woman that had the first born child was considered "first". It's funny how the devil repeats his same tricks in our churches. Many "first" ladies in the churches must bring attention to themselves with gaudy outfits or make others address them "properly" for fear of losing their position. The mistress is always jockeying for the top spot. This can where on a preacher's wife especially if the rooster has been in the hen house. Single women in a church can be threating to the "first" lady. Interesting take, I'm not sure if I'll get stoned for this one or not....
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2007, 08:24:33 AM »
There's a difference in honoring some one and respecting authority. Technically those in leadership are subject to God and the people they serve... Church culture has this in reverse because people like to find comfort for their self esteem in their titles. I've encountered  people who are just as comfortable with you addressing them with their man made title or by their birth name. All of us can honor each other without reverance. Paul's point of view of honoring leaders with double honor means to reciprocate the service that those in ministry gives the body.

In a perfect world this is possible but we are dealing with humankind here so sorry for the diagnosis. The first lady term actually has roots to men in pagan cultures who had multiple wives and concubines. The woman that had the first born child was considered "first". It's funny how the devil repeats his same tricks in our churches. Many "first" ladies in the churches must bring attention to themselves with gaudy outfits or make others address them "properly" for fear of losing their position. The mistress is always jockeying for the top spot. This can where on a preacher's wife especially if the rooster has been in the hen house. Single women in a church can be threating to the "first" lady. Interesting take, I'm not sure if I'll get stoned for this one or not....

Ok, you gave your opinion concerning the first lady title do you have an opinion on the remaining of the titles?
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23

Offline BIGKU

• LGM Member
  • Blaquegenius......

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
Mama called Clay, I'ma call him Clay.

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS BLAQUEGENIUS

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2007, 04:36:10 PM »

Ok, you gave your opinion concerning the first lady title do you have an opinion on the remaining of the titles?

You will find out that he does. That's why we love him!!  ;D

Offline SisterCM

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »
I think Jesus had no problem with being called simply his name...Jesus ;) BTJM ;)

No, because the biblical names had meanings. They described who the person was or the work that the Lord had for them to do.  Now that is a completely different point.   :)
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Colossians 3:23
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up