LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Do men want to marry women like their Mothers?  (Read 7343 times)

Offline ReddGirl

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Keep on smiling!

Do men want to marry women like their Mothers?
« on: October 21, 2008, 11:53:01 PM »
Fellas?

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

Re: Do men want to marry women like their Mothers?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:29:36 AM »
Well its late but i can't sleep. :)

I think men who have great relationships with their mothers tend to look for women who are like them. Take me for instance, I love my mom to death and i noticed that the ladies i have been attracted to have similar traits to my mom.

My mom is a great lady so i definitely will try and find a woman that is just like her.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:42:58 AM »
^^^ What he said.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:17:27 AM »
not me

Offline phatstrings

• LGM Member
  • ..dreaming about you.
    • Phatstrings

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:47:44 AM »
I do. With a little em... 'editing',to update her to a 21st century woman
i shall not die but live!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »
My husband told me that he married his mother. He didn't set out looking for a woman like his mother, nor did he compare me to her when we were dating. years after we were married he realized that I was much like his mom.

Big Daddy's mom was a woman of virtue! Big Daddy not only loved his mom dearly but he admired her. I believe unwittingly his mom had influence over his choice of wife, because she was the "standard of a woman" that he could visually see. And thank God she was a great woman.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:02 AM »
I wonder if this is true, and if it is, women who have so much trouble with their mother-in-laws, is it because they're so much alike?

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 08:40:31 AM »
I wonder if this is true, and if it is, women who have so much trouble with their mother-in-laws, is it because they're so much alike?

My mother-in -law and I were extremely close. I was the only daughter -in-law and she really spoiled me like one of her own. We talked daily, and even when Earnest and I dated we would go shopping, eating and visiting other churches together.

I think in-laws who don't get along, whether it be the wife or mom, try to compete with the other instead of realizng that you love the same man and he would be better off if you got along.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »

Indeed.

...or what if you end up with a wife that can't clean, cook, take care of the kids! That's got to be a sin!!!

...or the reverse...a woman ending up with a no good husband?

I guess we parents need to be better examples to our children, so they don't end up with trashy spouses!

:-/ :) :)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »
My mother-in -law and I were extremely close. I was the only daughter -in-law and she really spoiled me like one of her own. We talked daily, and even when Earnest and I dated we would go shopping, eating and visiting other churches together.

I think in-laws who don't get along, whether it be the wife or mom, try to compete with the other instead of realizng that you love the same man and he would be better off if you got along.

My wife and my mother get along VERY well; have since day one. Heck, my grandmother and my wife get along just as well.

It IS rather pleasant.  ;D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 08:56:44 AM »

Hmph!!  >:(

Its a choice on teh part of the two women whether or not they want to get along. My mom did all that she possibly could to get along with her M-I-L, even when my dad and his mom were not talking to each other for a while.

Its all determination.

Offline COGIC4REAL

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
No ma'am.
"Don't focus on the scar; focus on the journey..." -Rev. Al Sharpton (7/7/09)

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »
I've never sought out a woman like my mother, but ironically my son's mother and my mother do several of the exact same things that are some of my biggest pet peeves.  And they can both cook.  Sometimes I do ask myself, "is this woman my mother?"
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline ReddGirl

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Keep on smiling!

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 11:16:21 AM »
WOW! I am very conscious of that since I have 3 boys.  I got to be honest. God is going to have to deal with me because I am going to expect them to have VERY high standards.  Watching those "Flavor of Loves" make me think the pickings are slim! LOL

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »
WOW! I am very conscious of that since I have 3 boys.  I got to be honest. God is going to have to deal with me because I am going to expect them to have VERY high standards.  Watching those "Flavor of Loves" make me think the pickings are slim! LOL

There is nothing wrong with setting high standards Mrs Redd. Where one should be careful is setting unreasonable standards.

Plus i don't think its healthy when men worship their mom and idealize her. This tends to put a strain on any relationship they are in.

Offline ReddGirl

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Keep on smiling!

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 11:33:33 AM »
There is nothing wrong with setting high standards Mrs Redd. Where one should be careful is setting unreasonable standards.

Plus i don't think its healthy when men worship their mom and idealize her. This tends to put a strain on any relationship they are in.

I agree. Leave and Cleave. Now that I am on the end of leave...I just pray that my sons choose wisely.  I pray often that witches, hoochies, and ungodly women can't touch them and they don't even see them.

Offline pdog

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
For me I want a woman who's saved and takes cares of house/family like my Mom...but I also want a modern day working woman who can stand beside me and not in front or behind me.

Offline BassbyGrace

• LGM Member
  • striving

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »
Actually the best standard you can set is yourself.  I know that even when I was in the wildest of my yrs (esp. in college) I had dated some women that made my mother cringe, but in my mind I knew that I wasnt going to be with them forever because they didnt portray anywhere near a decimal of standard that my mother had.  I think ppl think that we look for someone like our mother because thats probably the woman we see the most growing up, so that influences the traits we think a woman should have.   
Praise Him!

Offline b3wannab

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
YES!!  Until 2:17, at which time we prefer her to be as unlike our mother as humanly possible. ;D
I will bless the Lord at all times, and his praise shall continually be in my mouth...

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »
YES!!  Until 2:17, at which time we prefer her to be as unlike our mother as humanly possible. ;D

And how exactly do you know .........uh..nevermind :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up