Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chords  (Read 957 times)

Offline aaamastin

• LGM Member
  • peace be still

chords
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:29:45 AM »
i need help with bass chords i would like all them shown in a video or on a well seen visual chart
peace be still

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

Re: chords
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:03:29 PM »
Not to be discouraging, but slow down. You just asked for double slapping on yesterday, and today you're asking for chords. Another written rule in the bass forum is that we asked the "asker" to tell us their level of expertise in the subject of the which the question pertains to, then ask them to tell us what they have accomplished in their own time of practice.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline dremy2006

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Buckeye burl Hand-made......
    • DR Custom Basses

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »
i need help with bass chords i would like all them shown in a video or on a well seen visual chart
.....check out playbassnow.com
it will have everything you need .... get all the info you can doc... if I can help you hit me up... i don't know much.. but i'll give you what i know.....you wonna eat and thats good... to God B the glory...

Allowing the Creator To use His Creation To Create for you.....

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »
I don't want people to get the wrong idea with my post. All I'm saying is, give a little information your level of knowledge. I can't effectively help somewhere if I don't understand what level they are on. For instance, I have a great deal of theory knowledge, if you don't have the same basis, you'll never understand what I'm saying if I explain something very technical. I would have to explain it in simpler terms. Also, I encourage everyone to be hungry and learn as much as possible. In this case, as with previous cases. We've had people constantly ask for something and never regergitated (if that's spelled correctly) any information indicating if they are learning. We are hear to teach everyone. "Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he feeds for Life." That's where I was coming from with my previous post.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline 6stringapprentice

• LGM Member
    • facebook

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:01 PM »
I would take a little time a learn the basics on how chords are formed. I'm not saying go in to a in depth study but a least learn how triads are formed. Chording on bass is no different that any other instrument except the limitations of your fingering and how approach voicing them. Also don't under estimate the effectiveness of double stops and intervals Dewayne Wright got me into them. musictheory.net activebass.com cyberfretbass.com playbassnow.com
Sounding Mathematics.

Offline aaamastin

• LGM Member
  • peace be still

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »
ok i understand 4  years  ago  i  got a 4  string and  playin in g mostly and then i got a 6 string and i now  play full  service i used to  play sunday within the last few  weeks i became  very eager to learn  i mastered my slappin last night i have ben  tryin to all year and earlier i nearly mastered double slap now i need help with my chords
peace be still

Offline dremy2006

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Buckeye burl Hand-made......
    • DR Custom Basses

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 03:06:52 PM »
I don't want people to get the wrong idea with my post. All I'm saying is, give a little information your level of knowledge. I can't effectively help somewhere if I don't understand what level they are on. For instance, I have a great deal of theory knowledge, if you don't have the same basis, you'll never understand what I'm saying if I explain something very technical. I would have to explain it in simpler terms. Also, I encourage everyone to be hungry and learn as much as possible. In this case, as with previous cases. We've had people constantly ask for something and never regergitated (if that's spelled correctly) any information indicating if they are learning. We are hear to teach everyone. "Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he feeds for Life." That's where I was coming from with my previous post.
UNDERSTANDABLE...VERY MUCH SO.... :D
Allowing the Creator To use His Creation To Create for you.....

Offline Basspicker26

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »
AAA, doc if you're mastering these techniques in one night then I say keep it moving! You must be a beast on bass..lol Blessings to Ya!
twitter.com/jamaalandrews

Offline aaamastin

• LGM Member
  • peace be still

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »
im getting there and ia am a quick learner but i have a long way before being a beast
peace be still
Pages: [1]   Go Up