LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Do This  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

How Do I Do This
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »
If I'm using software instruments how do get the sound to my audio interface? I know it maybe a dumb question but I don't know.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: How Do I Do This
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »
if you go to the preferences menu in the software, and there should be an audio output option (maybe under output tab, but depends on particular software) and there should be a dropdown list or checkboxes for available output hardware. Your audio interface should be on that list.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:53:21 AM »
Let me see if I follow you correctly, by explaining first what I'm doing. I have the midi cord running from my board to the computer, which means I can hear the sound from the computer speakers, not my power speakers.

Now since I'm using the software instruments, should I run the lines out the board to my interface and change the setting in the program to send to speakers?

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »
how is your interface connected? usb to the computer?

if so, you should be able to select which device your output goes to. for instance when I use Kontakt 4, I can go to the menu and in the audio tab and select the device to my Line6 Toneport UX1 instead of my computer speakers. I think you have to make sure your drivers selected are ASIO.

What interface and what software are you using?
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 04:55:33 AM »
I have a steinberg CI2 and I have the usb running from the interface to computer. I have garageband and a lite version of cubase as the software. The problem is I get no sound for the software instrument only audio.

Should I also run a usb from the keyboard to the computer to play the midi instruments?
Pages: [1]   Go Up