LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 2011 Books....  (Read 8287 times)

blyempowered

Top 2011 Books....
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Of the books you've read this year (rather they came out this year or years ago), what were your favorite ones?

I'd say "Not A Fan" by Kyle Idleman. That book really made me evaluate whether I was a fan or follower of Jesus Christ.

"Crazy Love" by Francis Chan was good for me because it allowed me to see the connection between God's love for me and the desire I should have to be totally souled out for him.

"Pagan Christianity" was a "shaking the foundation" reading for me almost confirming my belief that 75% of what happens in church today is socially constructed (manmade). Even though I didn't agree with all conclusions it was good at least seeing the foundation of why certain things take place in the church.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Re: Top 2011 Books....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »
The bible is pretty cool.

There was this book the Fundamentals of Hydraulic Engineering! OMG in the first 20 pages they cover stuff that took me 2 years to understand!!! I mean that stuff was above graduate level college courses! Great book

Offline Arkhams Finest

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me and my baby

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 07:36:28 AM »
The Grace of God by Andy Stanley was a life-changing book.  It changed the way I viewed God.  That's huge.

The Hunger Games trilogy was absolutely amazing.  By the end I was sad to see it end.

A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One was also amazing.  I finished it yesterday and began the second book in the series.
Now Reading:
Visioneering
Creating Community
(Both by Andy Stanley)

Offline keeperofjoy

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 12:09:46 PM »
another awesome book of 2011 is called: "God is waiting for you." changed my life. amen

Offline isti2531

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »
my list has many books.

Offline keeperofjoy

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 05:50:36 PM »
anybody here?
Pages: [1]   Go Up