LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marvin McQuitty Memorial DVD???  (Read 2535 times)

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Marvin McQuitty Memorial DVD???
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
I am not on Twitter or Facebook but I hope this gets to the right people.

I think that the Rhythm Syndicate and those close to him (Fred Hammond etc) should take the lead and gather all the video footage of Marvin McQuitty Jr.  (clinics, interviews, ministry, church performances, concerts, recording sessions, backstage, family etc) as well as his Homegoing Celebration especially the eulogy and Aaron's song.

On another disc in the set have an All-Star band concert playing only the music he (Marvin) has performed/recorded with rotating drummers friends and influenced by him playing his parts then presenting solo dedicated to him. It is a must to include Vinnie in this. No egos just respect and honor to the man and the music.

Sell this giving the proceeds to his family (wife and two daughters) and a start a Foundation in his name dedicated to instructing and encouraging church musicians to learn to read music and get professional instruction audio engineering, sound reinforcement and music production and worship service.

I learned more of the man after his passing than while he lived (as I never had the pleasure of meeting him) but I am grown/increased by what he stood for (as been presented) and believe that the body of Christ and the world should be exposed to what God placed in this man, this minister... a servants heart.
"... you have not succeeded until you raise up a successor," so let us all become successors to the gift that was in the heart of this man of God, servant, minstrel, Marvin McQuitty Jr.

~SK/SabianKnight/Sabe (David)
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Brendon77

Re: Marvin McQuitty Memorial DVD???
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »
Nice momorials, thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up