LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I've noticed is lacking...  (Read 5485 times)

SketchMan3

Something I've noticed is lacking...
« on: November 21, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »
Okay, so... I've noticed that the vast majority of upbeat praise and worship songs always just talk about praising and worshiping God right now through singing, shouting, dancing, raising hands, clapping, etc, and there seems to be a huge lack of contemporary gospel P&W songs that talk about praising and worshiping God through things like acts of obedience, sacrifice, serving others, exercising temperance and integrity, Bible study, patience, etc... things that you would do in your normal everyday life after the hype of the concert has worn off.

So I've been thinking of writing a song to fill the gap but I felt I should share this thought right away and not wait until after I have written the song especially in the case that I end up not finishing it  ::)

Like... I know someone might say "that's what the sermon is for" but music is pretty powerful too and I just think it couldn't do anything but help to kind of bend the lyrical trend a little bit towards more of the long-term aspects of one's relationship with Christ.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: Something I've noticed is lacking...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »

So I've been thinking of writing a song to fill the gap...

So let's hear it bro  8)!
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline femiade93

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:42:12 AM »
on point bro

Offline oheneba kweku

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »
that is a very good idea. More greece to ur elbow
Pages: [1]   Go Up