LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song not covered by CCLI?  (Read 7178 times)

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Song not covered by CCLI?
« on: July 04, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »
Hi all,

The church I'm assisting would like to project lyrics for songs not found on the CCLI website. Is there another service that covers songs projecting songs for gospel music?

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

Re: Song not covered by CCLI?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »
Not that I have much input, but so that that I can understand the situation (since I only play at small churches that dont care); are the songs on the CCLI site ones that need a license or something, or the ones that don't?

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, the ones on the site need a licence. CCLI = Christian Copyright Licensing International

Any song we use that isn't public domain will need a licence.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 05:56:28 AM »
so are you asking if there are other licensing companies that might have a database of songs that require a license not previously listed on CCLI?

Because the way Im looking at it, if the song is not on CCLI, then its a good chance its public domain or perhaps artist didnt list with licensing company yet and its still clear

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 11:13:44 PM »
so are you asking if there are other licensing companies that might have a database of songs that require a license not previously listed on CCLI?

Yes. I found one company, but the licence doesn't seem to allow the same flexibility as CCLI.

Because the way Im looking at it, if the song is not on CCLI, then its a good chance its public domain or perhaps artist didnt list with licensing company yet and its still clear
+1 except idk about it being "still clear" just because they didn't list.

UPDATE: The church has since gotten CCLI. The head of the ministry is looking into Christian Copyright Solutions for music not covered by CCLI, but they don't seem to have the same flexibility as CCLI.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 02:42:15 PM »
might need to run through your (or the MOMs) network of MOMs that do songs at a church using projections. There may even be someone else (at least I hope) at the church that is responsible for the licensing/legal aspects. I hope that wouldnt be the MOMs responsibility. If the general consensus is that they dont have anything other than CCLI, there may not be another solution. It may be beneficial to have a specific hot song in mind that you know every church is likely putting in their P&W repertoire but yet you know by research that its not on CCLI's site.  And then ask how do they project those lyrics? Licensed or un

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
might need to run through your (or the MOMs) network of MOMs that do songs at a church using projections. There may even be someone else (at least I hope) at the church that is responsible for the licensing/legal aspects. I hope that wouldnt be the MOMs responsibility. If the general consensus is that they dont have anything other than CCLI, there may not be another solution. It may be beneficial to have a specific hot song in mind that you know every church is likely putting in their P&W repertoire but yet you know by research that its not on CCLI's site.  And then ask how do they project those lyrics? Licensed or un

Great idea! Thanks.

The MOM has the CCLI licensing, but I don't know if it's their responsibility per se. I know they use it for things other than lyrics which is why he has the licencing information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up