LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeremy Haynes!  (Read 17416 times)

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 09:59:59 PM »
YO! who ever keeps asking me if im the real Jeremy Haynes stop asking because it's really me OK! :lol: "I have a computer too!" I enjoy what you guys are doing in here, i just found out about it so, it's really me "AIGHT!"

Offline TightestGroove

• LGM Member
  • LIVE BY THE STANDARD, PLAY BY THE STANDARD

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 10:09:37 PM »
SO WHAT NEW PROJECTS ARE YOU WORKING ON RIGHT NOW?

8O TIGHTEST GROOVE 8O
EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE DRUMS; CAN'T STOP 'TILL I GET ENOUGH!

Offline lilben

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2005, 10:19:53 PM »
Quote from: jhaynes
YO! who ever keeps asking me if im the real Jeremy Haynes stop asking because it's really me OK! :lol: "I have a computer too!" I enjoy what you guys are doing in here, i just found out about it so, it's really me "AIGHT!"

I watch part of that tape all the time when they show it on the Word Network. I like the way your snare sounded on that album with the clear head on it. I couldnt see if it was a pinstripe I just saw a clear had. I went out an bought a pinstripe trying to get the same sound but mine was popping like a firecracker. Which is not good because I could only use it for gospel not for jazz or smooth jazz or nothin.
Artistik Muzik

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 01:22:42 AM »
Yo! fellas i'll answer both questions, Cool? 8)(1st) Ive been really busy cutting records, ive cut 4 records for the last 3or 4 months, and here they are in order. Darwin Hobbs(studio, release date sept. 27th) Marvin Sapp (trax#1,3,4,11 came out this week) Karen Clark- Sheard (live, release date in the Fall) and we just finished the new "New Birth Total Praise Record Today and it's "BLAZIN!" 8O  :!:(studio, release date jan. of 2006) and still traveling doing shows and gigs around town, just trying to stay ahead of the game that's all :wink: If any of u guys are interested ill be doing an out-door gig with some of the F.L.O.W. members the week of megafest (next week) at the Stone Crest Mall from 6-8 come hang out wit me, i think Bro.Gerald from Gospelchops.com is coming down to do a interview with me that day. So maybe ill see u there. :lol:And now the (2nd) question the snare i was using is a Yamaha Birch Absolute 6' 14inch and the drum head was a clear emporer, and i like how it makes the wood sound really full. So hope that helps you. Peace.

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 12:19:22 PM »
hey jeremy, i has a lil ? fo ya.....what is your current set up? as far as cymbals and drum dimensions go? also, do you play single or double pedal?
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 01:43:12 PM »
Yo!!! Drummercat. To answer your questions (1) If you go to my website at (jeremyhaynes.net) u'll see my set up. it's pretty much that all the time i'm cutting records. (2) No "I NEVER :x  USE DOUBLE PEDALS!" i have this theory about double pedals - double pedals are cool when ur unable to accomplish with one foot everything you would like to do with 2 feet. So in layman's terms, "IT'S FOR CHEATERS!"  :? because if you spend the time conditioning your foot, instead of always trying to play a bunch of chops (you'll never use anyway) u'll understand that it's not about your foot being fast, its about controling what u play with ur foot. So no i've never used a double pedal. My instructional video will cover all of what i just explained to you, so be on the look out for it. i'm confident that it will bless you. Peace. :lol:    

Offline soulnomad

• LGM Member
  • * Learning from your own creative mistakes creates
    • www.theobrownsoulnomad.net

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 02:53:13 PM »
Quote from: jhaynes
(2nd) question the snare i was using is a Yamaha Birch Absolute 6' 14inch and the drum head was a clear emporer, and i like how it makes the wood sound really full. So hope that helps you. Peace.

In regards to using a clear emperor on the snare. What's type of tuning do you use?
"Uptown" Theo Brown aka "The Silent Assassin"

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2005, 07:25:11 PM »
Yoooooo! Soulnomad Sup Kid? 8) If you want to continue to use a clear emporer for your snare, then i suggest that  yoooooouuuuu  "WAIT FOR THE VIDEO, AND I'LL SHOW YOU THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CLEAR EMPORER & THE EMPORER X!!! :P  :P  :P  :P " ,you thought i was going to give you my secrets huh OOOOOOOOOOH NOOO MY BROTHA!! U GOTTA WAIT ON DA VIDEO!!!!(LOL) :lol: just kiding my advice is that you tune it to whatever sounds good to you, never tune ur drums based on what other people think, "Who Cares What They Think!!" DO YOU!!!!!! :D  

j_kay

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2005, 07:41:18 PM »
Yo, Jeremy - When is the video slated to be released?

Offline keydrummer

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes "DVD"
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2005, 08:52:10 PM »
:D  :D  :D  :D Yes :)  :)  :)  :) When will your Instructional DVD be Released :?:  :?: I'm  ready 8O  8O  8)

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2005, 09:17:31 PM »
Fall' of 05' :D  :?: What's the one thing you would ask me to help you with if we sat down right now :?: 1 thing!

Offline DJskins85

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 09:28:50 PM »
I would want you to help me with doing/learning more advanced fills. What would u recommend for technique?

Cant wait for the video to Drop!

Offline keydrummer

• LGM Member

I'm Glad U asked
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 09:39:58 PM »
Mr.Haynes,How  I develop a more Definate Bass Drum foot as far as Stamina,Power Speed and accuracy is Concerned(I guess that all falls under control)What exercises and/or routines do U recommend,For the hands the same questions. :D
Thanks

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2005, 01:15:47 AM »
J's Reply 2 DJskins. First of all i would recommend listening to more/ different types of music with "Great" drummers playing, such as Dave Weckle, Will Kennedy, Bill Stewart cats like that, but dont just listen to what they're playing, also listen to the music that they're playing too. Only "Great" drummers consider the music first, and how he or she approaches it matters to the rest of the band and artist. So start there and just let your mind guide you, :)  and the rest of your limbs will follow. :wink: "Dont Just Be A Drummer, Be A Musician!!!!"   :lol:  "Rhythm Is Life Yo!"

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2005, 01:32:15 AM »
Well Mr keydrummer. Yes it all does fall under "Control" but your leg can get tired sometimes, i understand soooooooo...... :?  I suggest to you and the rest of the drummers out there to spend time running, jogging, playing ball or any type running sport, because that will help condition your legs, and keep you healthy too.:wink: but as far as an excersice i would say spend atleast 15-20 mins a day 8O  (or when ever you practice) on your feet alone, because your not using your feet to play the pedals anyway! your using your calf muscle and your ankle bone to play the foot pedal, and your using the ball of your foot or toes. Do that and you will see results.  Peace. "Rhythm Is Life Yo!" :)

j_kay

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005, 08:26:08 AM »
Your approach to new songs/grooves...

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 09:34:18 AM »
Yo Jeremy, just want to say that it's real cool of you to answer the birage of questions that you're getting from all the members here. Just hope that it doesn't get on your nerves too much seeing that you're a very busy drummer. Stayed Blessed. By the way, I have a raw cut of the Without Walls album you did and I'm still trying to do some of those nice licks you were doing (very tasteful). I also had the privilege of hearing your brother play at church and you guys are awesome. I may need you two to lay hands on me and impart some of the gift LOL. Just playing. Be cool "Yo".
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 03:23:55 PM »
Man its my pleasure to respond to these question, and NO! it is not getting on my nerves. :D Im happy to do it. See this is my theory I've done alot of stuff in my career and i've been fortunate enough to have people like Kevin Bond, Joel Smith, Will Kennedy, Dave Weckle, and soooooooooo many more people cross my path to encourage me, I feel its my obligation to my fellow levites to share any knowledge i can, and it's my job as a cheif levite to lead you in the right direction. Its just my way of giving back, "sowing a seed if you will". And if you ask anyone that knows me i always make time to talk to cats, and im very approachable, because i love the new wave of drummers that are  springing up, matter a fact i remember Thomas Pridgen when he was 6 or 7 years old from GMWA his Mom was over the choir or something like that,  :D i dont remember exactly, but whenever someone would get off the drums he would "get on" and start doing all his tricks (shout to Thomas) and trust me! he could do them like he was 16. And he never gave up, and because he had someone pouring into him, now! " DAT ***** IS SCARY 8O. But im very proud of him and what GOD! is doing in his life. So it is my duty as a PRO! to give you all the things the rest of the PRO"S won't take out the time to give you. "Somebody's got to take over when im done!" and its a whole bunch of ya'll that i could pass the batton to. But for now just sit back and watch the "Race" :wink:  Peace.

Offline derrickmo

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 08:25:49 PM »
Im not really a drummer, Im a keyboard player, Man I just wanna know how does it feel to be on stage with some of the best musicians in the world. Some of us may never get to experience that doc.
 holla back at me

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Jeremy Haynes!
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005, 09:41:58 PM »
Well it used to be  8O SCARY! and very HUMBLING!
, and it still is a very humbling experience sometimes because you look at these cats, on stage with you, and you admire them and respect them so much it can be a tad bit overwhelming, but once you start playing and they're looking at you and smiling :lol: it makes you feel like you matter. And just to know that they are looking at you the same way you look at them, with the same amount of respect, and admiration, it's really cool 8).And u guys are the next Joel Smiths, Kevin Bonds, Jonnie Dubose's, Aaron Lindsey's, Isreal Houghtons You are the generation to carry the torch and remember "To Whom Much Is Givin, Much Is Required!". So stay encouraged and prepared because you never know when it's your turn. :wink: "Rhythm Is Life Yo!" "And Timing Is Everything!"        
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up