LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

Which two artists that are matched-up would YOU like to see "In Concert"?

Larry Trotter & Byron Cage
2 (18.2%)
Donnie McClurkin & John P. Kee
2 (18.2%)
Krik Franklin & Fred Hammond
5 (45.5%)
Richard Smallwood & Karen Clark-Sheard
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: April 28, 2005, 08:07:01 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WLGM Sportsdesk: Evangelical Eight (Regional Championships)  (Read 766 times)

WLGM Sportsdesk: Evangelical Eight (Regional Championships)
« on: April 28, 2005, 08:07:01 AM »
Well, Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!  Eugene Chandler here at the WLGM Sportsdesk with some shocking news!  The regional championships are set and we have not one but TWO #1 seeds that did not make it out of the Saved 16.  Shirley Caesar & Daryl Coley were eliminated and that leaves this tournament wide open.  Kirk Franklin is also breathing a sigh of relief as his matchup with Kurt Carr went into overtime.

With the “Faithful Four” around the corner, reports from around the country are more crucial than ever, so if there’s an artist out there that has blessed you in abundant fashion, do not allow them to go home early =o)

The “Evangelical Eight” is set, and here are your regional championship match-ups!

CAESAR BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIP:
#12 Larry Trotter vs. #11 Byron Cage

COLEY BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIP:
#4 Donnie McClurkin vs. #2 John P. Kee

FRANKLIN BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIP:
#1 Kirk Franklin vs. #2 Fred Hammond

SMALLWOOD BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIP:
#1 Richard Smallwood vs. #6 Karen Clark-Sheard

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:04:03 AM »
Yo, could this be any harder?!?! But, here we go:

Caesar Bracket Championship:
Larry Trotter ( I happen to be going through it with bishop and the SHS choir at this very moment)

Coley Bracket Championship:
Donnie McClurkin (May I present to you..."Stand")

Franklin Bracket Championship:
Kirk Franklin (I've got two words for ya -- RE-BIRTH)

Smallwood Bracket Championship:
Richard Smallwood (Once again, "Total Praise". No other song can usher in the spirit of the Lord in such a mighty way, and can be sung by MOST choirs in ANY church)

As for the poll, it's a little unfair, why not ask us about Donnie and Richard or Trotter and Franklin. I understand your trying to keep the poll to the matchups provided and that's cool with me.

Jonathan
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline DaReal

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 07:52:42 PM »
I'm mad about Kurt Carr!  :evil:

Byron Cage (just cuz of all the Praise songs mannnn.....can't beat the instant classics...also gotta keep the Carr legacy goin :) )
J
ohn P. Kee (Donnie is powerful but Strength, I do Worship, Rain on us ALWAYS gets me up, Never Shall forget, Jesus is Real, Wash me...)

Fred Hammond (Killer but...."Show yourself strong" is hands down the most beautiful song i've EVER heard, my steps are ordered, No weapon, WE'RE BLESSED IN THE CITY, BREAD OF LIFE?? I'm sorry sJ02 but Kirk makes great music, Fred writes POWERFUL, BEAUTIFUL songs....)

Richard Smallwood wins with Total Praise, Center of my Joy, Angels, HOLY THOU ART GOD?!?

It's a cryin shame more people ain't participatin....this is exciting...and trust me i know exciting..i gig without knowing the songs..... :lol:

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 06:38:51 AM »
Aight, Da Real:

Kirk doesn't write "powerful" stuff? Uh, let's go recent and then go back, shall we?

How about "Don't Cry"? Are you really saying that's not a powerful song :?:  Or, "My Life, My Love, My All"? or "The Blood Song"? C'mon, dude

What about "Brighter Day" or "He Reigns" as energy filled power songs.

Ok, ok maybe you're not feeling "rebirth". Let's go to some classics:

"He's Able"
"You can lean on me"
"SILVER AND GOLD" (I win with that song alone!!)  :D  :D  :D LOL, LOL

Anyway, you're right about more people not participating. It's a shame when the body of believers can't have some simple fun. The truth of the matter is ALL of the 64 artists have blessed all of us at some point or another. I wish people would get over themselves.

Be Blessed and XL...keep doing what you're doing, man
Jonathan
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up