LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am so GEEKED!!!  (Read 2480 times)

I am so GEEKED!!!
« on: November 11, 2003, 11:17:24 AM »
Hello everyone:

It has been a while since I have been in here ( I have not felt worthy).  However, today I had an "epiphany" of sorts.  I have been working and praying and practicing and trying to learn how to play with more than just the vanilla I IV V progression.  Today I finally pick out , by ear, "Annointing" using the vi ii V I progression.  I know this may be basic to many but you just don't know how good it feels.  I have been using the "The Secrets to Playing Piano by Ear" book and  finally in lesson nine everything is starting to sink in.  

I just had to tell someone.  Also, can anyone tell me where I can find songs with the progression changes.  I am ready now.  I can do I IV V, ii V I,  iii vi ii VI, vii, iii iv ii V I.  God is so good and answers prayer yall.

You will be hearing more from me.    I welcome replies and suggestions.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Great...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 11:41:21 AM »
Praise the Lord.
Hopefully after I finish the enhancements to the site the songs will have the progression changes in them.
:)

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: I am so GEEKED!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 11:46:25 AM »
Quote from: tylertylero
 Today I finally pick out , by ear, "Annointing" using the vi ii V I progression.  I know this may be basic to many but you just don't know how good it feels.  .

You go ahead with yo' bad self!!

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

I am so GEEKED!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 12:58:49 PM »
Praise the Lord!!!!
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/bronzeey1

progression
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 01:18:33 PM »
:wink: Gee..iam so proud of you..I can tell u have been really in them there books and praying...plus doing your homework..this is good to kow that you are doing this yourself ...i hear alot of students come in here and always ask..for chords,,progessions and things and they don't want to read,, pray.,, practice, study, and do homework.  I 'd give u an A+. Now, if i only can progess to play progressions, and play by ear and not have to depend on sheet music so much...Well, God just does his own thing with me..and iam grateful that i can read the darn sheet music..LOL ..cause some student don't have the ability to do that..I have to many books.. and work over hard...anyway..i am taking a nice break and just let God lead me to the next step.  Be bless.

Offline CESharp

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Good Mornting......Hellerrrrrrrr!!!!

wow
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 03:00:55 PM »
Go'head! Now if I can only learn or be taught progressions.  I play by ear but never had any knowledge of theory, progressions, etc.

HELP!
Carla E.
Canaan Church (Urbana, Illinois)
U of I

Offline CESharp

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Good Mornting......Hellerrrrrrrr!!!!

wow!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 03:02:54 PM »
Go'head! Now if I can only learn or be taught progressions.  I play by ear but never had any knowledge of theory, progressions, etc.

HELP!
Carla E.
Canaan Church (Urbana, Illinois)
U of I
Pages: [1]   Go Up