LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hammondman and others help!  (Read 2425 times)

Offline gospelman26

• LGM Member

Hammondman and others help!
« on: November 29, 2003, 11:08:53 PM »
I need to pick your brains one on one so I can get this playing down other than the I IV V changes in a song.  I want to learn how to play around a song but still people know what I'm playing.  Please help me!  All those who read this post please lift me up in prayer so that I may be used as an instrument of praise and I will do the same for you.  God bless all of you on this sight.

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 11:20:25 PM »
PLAYING AROUND THE MELODY IS ACCOMPANIMENT, YOU CAN EITHER PLAY WITH THE MELODY NOTE ON TOP, AT KEY POINTS, OR TOTALLY PLAY AROUND THE MELODY, THIS WILL INSIST ON YOUR "CHORD LIBRARY", HOW MANY CHORDS DO YOU KNOW FOR A SUBSITUTE.

CG / GCE - OH
DA / GCE - HOW I LOVE
ED / EGC - JE -
AE / EGAC, (Am7) - SUS

THAT'S PLAYING ACCOMPANIMENT WITH THE MELODY NOTE ON TOP, AT KEY POINTS, DOWN BELOW THROWS IT OUT THE WINDOW

CG / Em7 - OH
DC / FGCEG - HOW I LOVE
ED / GADGbA - JE -
GbE / AM7 - SUS

NOW IN ORDER TO DO THAT, YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE SONG AS IT'S ACTUALLY PLAYED. BUILD THE BOX BEFORE YOU GO OUTSIDE IT, OR PEOPLE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND THINK YOU'RE NUTZ!

THE 1ST EXAMPLE IS THE SAFE ROUTE, TAKE THAT ONE, THE 2ND EXAMPLE WILL GET YOU THE "LEFT BOOT OF FELLOWSHIP" FROM YOUR LOCAL CHURCH.

Offline gospelman26

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 07:28:27 AM »
thank you Hammondman for your help.  I will be talking to you from time to time trying to get more knowledge.   I hope that's O.K. with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up