LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

What instrument is the hardest to master?

Piano/Keyboard/Church Organ
9 (45%)
Trumpet, Saxophone, Tuba, and other brass instruments
1 (5%)
Guitar (Electric and Acoustic)
2 (10%)
Bass (Electric, Acoustic and upright)
2 (10%)
Drums and other percussion instruments
3 (15%)
Cello, Violin and other string instruments (Not including Guitar or Bass)
3 (15%)
Clarinet, Flute, and other wood winds
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: May 03, 2005, 12:56:08 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which instrument is the hardest to play and master?  (Read 2868 times)

Offline BACEFINGERS

• LGM Member

Which instrument is the hardest to play and master?
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:56:08 PM »
Just curious to the responses. I also expect there to be some biased opinions considering we all play one or multiple instruments, but please no fighting.
I don't play bass, my bass plays me.

Offline DbKeysinCT

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 01:20:53 PM »
i think that all instruments are difficult in there own righy but i really think organ is the toughest especially those who play those catholic cathedral organs thats skill and talent. not to put down those us play humbly in our own churchs.
to sum it all up the toughest cuz u gotta use both hands on different manuals plus ur left foot on the pedals.

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 02:24:51 PM »
The most difficult instrument for me to play: (1 being the hardest)
 1. guitar  
2. drums  using all your limbs and timing is involved
3. organ   using all your limbs but mostly padding
4. keyboad
5. bass

The most difficult instrument to sight read:  ORGAN by far

Offline Noctos

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 03:33:55 PM »
Bass over piano man, From beginner level to expert. Holding a note on the keyboard is easier than bass, granted piano players play different notes with two hands at higher levels but bassists can go from tapping to slapping to finger technique.

Offline BACEFINGERS

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 04:47:57 PM »
Quote from: Noctos
Bass over piano man, From beginner level to expert. Holding a note on the keyboard is easier than bass, granted piano players play different notes with two hands at higher levels but bassists can go from tapping to slapping to finger technique.
I too believe that manual dexterity is extremely harder with bass, the right hand technique alone can drive a person insane not to mention muting the sympathetic ringing, but piano players have to play with both hands, and read both staves of the sheet music, while bass players play single notes most times and only read bass clef.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 10:16:30 AM »
Lead guitar and organ are the hardest for me.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 11:57:07 AM »
the hardest insturment is the saxaphone,organ,all the woodwind instruments.
Shannon moore

Offline Cirrus6playr

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 01:37:29 PM »
Quote from: BACEFINGERS
Quote from: Noctos
I too believe that manual dexterity is extremely harder with bass, the right hand technique alone can drive a person insane not to mention muting the sympathetic ringing,

AMEN!
Count me in too.

Offline blackgenius

• LGM Member

The Hardest by far
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 09:33:16 PM »
Come on this one is simple the hardest instrument to play are string instruments but any instrument is hard at first but once you have the basic understanding of music it is always easy to pick up a second or third instrument but in my experience  the stringed instruments are the hardest because they require the most technique as to how to hold the bow , bow placement on the strings, finger positions and the list goes on and on you can get away with sloppy technique on some instruments but you have to have proper technique on stringed instruments therefore in my opinion they are the hardest to master.

P.S You also have to have a very good ear because there are no frets you can place you finger in between a f# and G unlike the paino when you hit a note you get that note on a stringed instrument if you have a G# you can play and  A flat and move you finger a hair back and get a true A flat.

Offline Robbace

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 12:25:09 PM »
Beleive me the bass is the hardest string instruments the coordination when trying to follow not only the drummer but following the organist
can get difficult when playing,i know poeple who play the organ or keyboard tell me that they just could not get the bass and thats what they wanted to play in the first place so they picked the organ when the notes are right in front of you apposed to being opposite your body i have played some keyboard` much more easier than the bass because the notes are right in front of me the chords are right there the bass`can get to you if you dont have any coordination and lets face it you cant just go out and find a bass player sitting on your door step but but a keyboardist you can easily get a hold of bass players are rare

Offline BACEFINGERS

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 11:37:57 PM »
Quote from: Robbace
Beleive me the bass is the hardest string instruments the coordination when trying to follow not only the drummer but following the organist
can get difficult when playing,i know poeple who play the organ or keyboard tell me that they just could not get the bass and thats what they wanted to play in the first place so they picked the organ when the notes are right in front of you apposed to being opposite your body i have played some keyboard` much more easier than the bass because the notes are right in front of me the chords are right there the bass`can get to you if you dont have any coordination and lets face it you cant just go out and find a bass player sitting on your door step but but a keyboardist you can easily get a hold of bass players are rare
The reason there are so many piano players, is much like guitarists, most ppl want to be in the limelight and be the attention getters. The foundation instruments which are the drums and bass are the least respected, but we actually carry the keyboardists and guitarists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up