LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "White fella" wrote this, and it's true!  (Read 4092 times)

"White fella" wrote this, and it's true!
« on: November 23, 2003, 11:04:51 PM »
>Subject: > BLACKS DON'T READ
>
>
>Think About This!
> >
> >
> > This is deep....and true
> >
> > For those of you who heard it, this is the article Dee Lee was
>reading
> > this
> > morning on a New York radio station. For those of you who didn't hear
>it,
> > this is very deep and true! This is very deep, and unfortunately,
>very
> > true!
> >
> >
> >
> > This is a heavvvvy piece and a Caucasian wrote it.
> >
> >
>
> >
> > THEY ARE STILL OUR SLAVES. We can continue to reap profits from the
>Blacks
> > without the effort of physical slavery. Look at the current methods
>of
> > containment that they use on themselves:
> >
> > IGNORANCE, GREED, and SELFISHNESS.
> >
> > Their IGNORANCE is the primary weapon of containment. A great man
>once
> > said, "The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it
>in a
> > book." We now live in the Information Age. They have gained the
> > opportunity
> > to read any book on any subject through the efforts of their fight
>for
> > freedom, yet they refuse to read. There are numerous books readily
> > available at Borders, Barnes &Noble, and Amazon.com, not to mention
>their
> > own Black Bookstores that provide solid blueprints to reach economic
> > equality (which should have been their fight all along), but few
>read
> > consistently, if at all.
> >
> > GREED is another powerful weapon of containment. Blacks, since the
> > abolition of slavery, have had large amounts of money at their
>disposal.
> > Last year they spent 10 billion dollars during Christmas, out of
>their 450
> > billion dollars in total yearly income (2.22%). Any of us can use
>them as
> > our target market, for any business venture we care to dream up, no
>matter
> > how outlandish, they will buy into it. Being primarily a consumer
>people,
> > they function totally by greed. They continually want more, with
>little
> > thought for saving or investing. They would rather buy some new
>sneaker
> > than invest in starting a business. Some even neglect their children
>to
> > have the latest Tommy or FUBU. And they still think that having a
>Mercedes
> > and a big house gives them "Status" or that they have achieved the
> > American
> > Dream. They are fools! The vast majority of their people are still
>in
> > poverty because their greed holds them back from collectively making
> > better
> > communities. With the help of BET, and the rest of their black media
>that
> > often broadcasts destructive ima ges into their own homes, we will
> > continue
> > to see huge profits like those of Tommy and Nike. (Tommy Hilfiger has
>even
> > jeered them, saying he doesn't want their money, and look at how the
>fools
> > spend more with him than ever before!). They'll continue to show off
>to
> > each other while we build solid communities with the profits from
>our
> > businesses that we market to them.
> >
> > SELFISHNESS, ingrained in their minds through slavery, is one of the
>major
> > ways we can continue to contain them. One of their own, Dubois said
>that
> > there was an innate division in their culture. A "Talented Tenth" he
> > called
> > it. He was correct in his deduction that there are segments of their
> > culture that has achieved some "form" of success. However, that
>segment
> > missed the fullness of his work. They didn't read that the "Talented
> > Tenth"
> > was then responsible to aid the Non-Talented Ninety- Percent in
>achieving
> > a
> > better life. Instead, that segment has created another class, a
>Buppie
> > class that looks down on their people or aids them in a
>condescending
> > manner. They will never achieve what we have. Their selfishness does
>not
> > allow them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of
> > substance. When they do get together, their selfishness lets their
>egos
> > get
> > in the way of their goal. Their so-called help organizations seem to
>only
> > want to promote their name without making any real change in their
> > community. They are content to sit in conferences and conventions in
>our
> > hotels, and talk about what they will do, while they award plaques to
>the
> > best speakers, not the best doers. Is there no end to their
>selfishness?
> > They steadfastly refuse to see that TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE
>(TEAM)!
> > They do not understand that they are no better than each other
>because of
> > what they own. In fact, most of those Buppies are but one or two
>paychecks
> > away from poverty. All of which is under the control of our pens in
>our
> > offices and our rooms. Yes, we will continue to contain them as long
>as
> > they refuse to read, continue to buy anything they want, and kee p
> > thinking
> > they are "helping" their communities by paying dues to organizations
>which
> > do little other than hold lavish conventions in our hotels.
> >
> > By the way, don't worry about any of them reading this letter,
>remember,
> > 'THEY DON'T READ!!!!'

Offline fingers

• LGM Member
    • http://www.yahoo.com

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 10:34:18 AM »
Where did you find this article at?  I want to read this to my youth group at church.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 10:47:07 AM »
We don't read, yet we alwys think "The Man" is trying to hold us back!! We are our own worse enemy.

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 12:42:51 PM »
Whoa . . . that's heavy. I must say that we as a people do need to push education more in the church . . . but there is something here I think should be said. God sends teachers to the Body of Christ for a reason . . . to perfect and mature the Body, as it says in Ephesians. Let me ask a question . . . do we support our teachers when they insist that we prepare our lessons, come to rehearsal ready to work, learn a little music theory and some Biblical history, and give our best? Or do we cater to the ones that just want easy answers . . . as if there are any easy answers to anything. I would propose this as a place to start . . . when we hear things like . . . "Bro So and So thinks he is so much; it doesn't take all that reading and musical theory!" or "Sis So-and So is trying to make herself so much by making us read Bible history and Christian news articles," We lovingly and steadfastly say that we appreciate someone who is willing to share, and ask why they are so against learning. Saints, do you know that ignorance is a spirit . . . a demonic spirit sent to rob the Church? Let's support teachers who IN LOVE instruct the Body and insist that we try our best. . . they are only trying to help. Be Blessed . . . BBoy
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline c_will

• LGM Member
    • http://

Just to tag onto Hammandman, My Aunt sent this to me
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 04:32:45 PM »
Talents wasted....... a must read

God gave Black people 500 billion talents. He gave Hispanic people 35 billion talents. He gave Asian people 225 billion talents. He left us alone for one year and then returned to see what we had done with our talents.

God asked the Asian people, "What have you done with your resouces."The Asians replied, 'We created many businesses and purchased many franchises. We used our resources to assist our families and our Asian friends, helping them to get into business as well."

The Asians continued, "Lord, we knew that with 225 billion talents we could generate even more talents by pooling what we had and working together toward a common economic goal. We have doubled the amount you awarded us. We now have 550 billion talents. And to top it all off, our restaurants are going strong; everybody loves our food!"

The Lord said, "Well done, my good and faithful servants. I will make you rulers over many things."

God then asked the Hispanic people what they had done with their inheritance. They gleefully replied, "Lord, You are really going to be proud of us. Upon receipt of our talents we went to work right away and formed our own bank. We have one in Florida that ranks among the largest in all the land. And you know what else? The interest we are making will more than double the amount of talents You gave us."

As God nodded approvingly, the Hispanic people couldn't wait to continue. "We opened fast food shops and sidewalk stands. We sold fruit,enchiladas,and tacos. We supported Hispanic doctors, lawyers, accountants, and all the Hispanic businesses we could find. If a certain business did not exist in our community, we pooled our resources and started new ones. We have done very well, Lord, especially
considering the short time we have been in this land."

And God said, "Well done, my good and faithful servants. I will make you rulers over many things."

Since God had given the most talents to His chosen people--Black people, He couldn't wait to hear what they had done with their 500 billion talents. Like a doting father, He proudly asked them, "What have you done with your inheritance?"

After turning their music down in order to hear what God was saying, the Black people waved their hands in the air (like they just didn't care) and shouted, "Lord, we just threw the party of the century, and it was all good!"

Look at those bad rides parked outside. We bought them from the German people and the Japanese people. Wouldn't You agree, Lord, that we did good deeds by helping to make them wealthy?"

Even God looked perplexed. He asked if there was anything else the Black people wanted to report. "Oh yeah," they replied. "You haven't heard the half of it, Lord. We're the most charitable people on earth. We spent 95% of all You gave us with businesses other than our own. We helped everyone. We didn't discriminate and we didn't playa hate."

Then one of the Black leaders spoke up. "You know how we like nice clothes, Lord. So after the party we went out and bought all of the latest styles with all of the right labels. You know what I'm saying? We just had to have it; we couldn't wait. Check us out."

Now the Lord was quite concerned about His people and their attitude regarding their talents. Continuing to probe and expecting to hear something that would make Him proud, God pleaded, "Surely you have done something with your inheritance to generate more talents for yourselves?"

The Black people looked around at one another, and one of their "leaders" stepped forward to sum things up. "Lord we have the finest cars, we eat and drink only top shelf, and we meet in the most elaborate hotels. Our children have several pair! s of the latest gym shoes, we make the baddest videos and we can throw down-I mean dance-with the best of them. Even better than that, we have good jobs to earn back our 500 billion talents next year, and we will again be able to help all the other
inhabitants of this land."

Sadly, God looked at His people and said, "With what you have done with your talents, you may as well have buried them in the ground. Because of your slothfulness and lack of good stewardship, I will give your future talents to those who have the least. You have gravely disappointed me by not adhering to one of my most important
admonishments: "To whom much is given, much is expected."

Pass the knowledge on and break the cycle....Network

Carry on. It is not easy. But it is what we have to do- only we do not have to do it alone - Inspired by Maya Angelou
God + 1 = The Majority

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 04:41:05 PM »
Dang!  Hello!  Is that ever ringing true.  I found myself reading (and skimming some--because the truth is painful) but then re-reading in it's entirety.

Here's my take--it's true.  It's sad, but true.  Not for all, but for a very large percentage of us.  I read on here and can't believe that adults can't spell some of the simplest words.  These are not "typo's" either: It's CAN'T SPELL.  The grammar is another story! "I seen that on T.V."  If we read and listen, we know it's "I saw that..." not SEEN.  Here's another one that kills me too--"Do anybody know the chords to this song?"  DOES anybody know..."  Then, the spelling.  I can't even bring myself to spell that poorly to imitate it!  Many adults should be ashamed (because I know 3/4 of the people or more here are under 20 years old).  We have failed them miserably by failing to insist on more that substandard education.

Now, since I teach school, I can give the other side of the coin too.  I did my student teaching 2 years ago in the hood.  A school with 98% black kids.  After one week, I thought I was in the wrong profession!  I prayed to God to find a job in the suburbs, away from them.  If the parents came to school it was to curse out the teacher about something.  They did not come to see why they have an F for not doing their homework or classroom work.  The school would bribe the parents with coffee and donuts to get them to an after school meeting or study group.  But, BUT--if they had a play or some little dancing and singing musical, the place would be packed with every relative within 10 miles.  Fine--we'll go see them singing and tap dancin' (I hear Yes'sa Master" ringing in my ears) and acting like baffoons, but those same kids can barely read!  It's appalling.  

God answered my prayer--I work in the suburbs.  Two of my 22 kids are black.  I have kids that live on the country club property in $250,000 houses and some that live at the trailer park.  But, 98% of my parents really care about their kids.  They don't take a child's side in an issue about the school work or the teacher.  Parents do everything from planning and carrying out classroom parties, to helping with my small group reading, writing workshops, making copies, cutting things out, etc.  In the hood, Nikeisha's mother wants to know why she has to serve a detention for kicking someone in the lunchroom--and argue that she's not going to serve the detention.  Then, probably call the principal, lunchroom monitors and the teachers everything but a child of God on her way down the hall--and loudly too!

Obviously, this a very passionate subject for me.

Finally, I think the bible is absolutely the most difficult book to read.  How can folk have (or claim to have) such a deep understanding when they can't read or write everyday English that well?  I think some of us in the  church need to take a night or two a week from church commitments and spend it educating our children better. Doing homework with them, reading, taking them to the library.  How many parents take their kids to the library just for pleasure--not to get a book for a report?  Just for the joy of literature?  I think that time would be well spent and something God would certainly understand, and probably reward with blessings beyond measure.  Man created this church things every night, not God.

OK---one more thing.  Last night, we visited a church--I played, choir sang, my pastor preached.  I'm walking toward the back to get my keyboard case and passed a woman in the aisle.  I saw something on her coat.  As I said--"Oh--there's something on your coat..." and went to brush it off, it moved!!!! It was a cockroach!  Dressed to the nines and a dog gone cockroach on her coat!!!  My friend teases me because I can spot something moving from a mile a way--especially if it's crawling.  Anyway, I wonder can her grand children read.  

Peace!  Thanks for sharing this article.  I hope many take notice.

Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

Offline Suleyman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 02:25:54 AM »
The key is raising our kids according to the Bible, which where almost all fail these days (and not just in any particular country or racial group).  The best sources I have seen on this topic are at:

http://nogreaterjoy.org/

God help us all to take His Word more seriously, especially with our kids!

No, that is not about learning Gospel music, but it is Gospel truth about the most important thing we can do in life.

Offline raypam

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 11:10:58 AM »
I know for me this post motivated me 'ever the more'.  I'm going to watch my spelling and grammer.

However, I recently went to the public libary and they attempted to get more black children going there to do there homework.  However, they put like 20 playstations in there.  So quess what all these black students are doing?  Playing video games.

Parents in the black community, sad to say, but do not have enough motivation to even push their children beyond.  We have this terrible attitude (Some people may not express it outloud) that it is a white man's world and that it will always be a white man's world. (I've heard this all of my life from my father)

My cousins and I have this thing were we joke that 'black folk' are embarrassing .  Why? A lot of them do not know how to adjust to 'cultured activities' and it's sad and pathetic.

Offline DaSchemer

• LGM Member

[b]Truth Be Told.....[/b]
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 04:24:40 PM »
the letter at the top was pretty sad but important .....and since our people have a problem with reading thoroughly........it is of the utmost importance to tell the truth in whatever you choose to say....your brother or sister may be protected or destroyed if you have read the warning signs and refuse to be the siren.......remember each time you speak to a need that you must plant the truth...........for those who haven't seen this........tell them and hope that it is enough to make them want to read along with you the next time ........  
be blessed and remember i love all of you collectively.........:)  
One...
Da Schemer
Pages: [1]   Go Up