LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midi  (Read 1196 times)

Zilpex

Midi
« on: June 03, 2005, 08:37:13 AM »
What kind of midi interface is everyone using for PC? Would you recommend using the Mbox for midi or should I get a seperate midi interface?

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Midi
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »
I am using 2 midi interfaces..one is

Radium 49
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Radium49-main.html

and

M-Audio Uno(for other keyboards)
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno-main.html

I use Reason and SONAR 4 Produers Edition with those
MERCY EN!!

Zilpex

Midi
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 12:32:33 PM »
I was looking at that M Aduio UNO easter egg looking thing...
I having Reason3.0 and Reaktor5. I also have pro tools Mbox and the digi 002 rack at my brother in law's house(we're trying to build a studio).
I have an Alesis keyboard I am planning to use via midi with some of this software. I know absolutely nothing about midi, but i want to learn. Up until now I used Reason for drum beats. I haven't used reaktor yet. I also have a Roland SP 808ex that is midi capable too i guess. Looks like I'll be getting that easter egg thing soon.

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Midi
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 12:49:33 PM »
Quote from: Zilpex
I was looking at that M Aduio UNO easter egg looking thing...
I having Reason3.0 and Reaktor5. I also have pro tools Mbox and the digi 002 rack at my brother in law's house(we're trying to build a studio).
I have an Alesis keyboard I am planning to use via midi with some of this software. I know absolutely nothing about midi, but i want to learn. Up until now I used Reason for drum beats. I haven't used reaktor yet. I also have a Roland SP 808ex that is midi capable too i guess. Looks like I'll be getting that easter egg thing soon.

I also have Reason 3 and I love it!! I have Reaktor ( don't know if it's 4 or 5 :lol:  :lol: ) I tried Cubase and I hated it... :D

If u need help with midi, let me know or PM me...don't matter
MERCY EN!!

Zilpex

Midi
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 01:18:15 PM »
Great thanks. We'll see how far I can get by myself before I get stuck then I'll get at you.

Midi
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 06:08:27 PM »
The Master Says:

I am personally using the Midiillustrator, this allows me not only to play Midi files but it allows me to look at the keys as they are played (on a full length keyboard) which is an excellent way of learning for all.

Rather than having those WMV files whereby you can hardly see or hear what keys they are playing. I would recommend people to download this from www.download.com (search under downloads - Midiillustrator), as it works for those who are beginners right to professionals.

Hope this helps

The Master:

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Midi
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 06:38:43 PM »
The Radium49 and M-Audio Uno aren't midi interfaces, per se, they're controllers, with midi interfaces on them.

Picking a midi interface depends on how many midi controllers you're going to use; for instance, if you have 3 midi racks (Motif rack, Triton rack, Roland rack), you'll need an interface with multiple ports to connect them all to your controller. I think the Mbox only has 1 midi-in and 1 midi-out, which is what most sequencers have.

Here's a list of midi interfaces from ZZounds:

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--MIDI-Interfaces--2429

Some are 4x4 others are 8x8 or 1x1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up