LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Okay, This is the Situation.....  (Read 1465 times)

Okay, This is the Situation.....
« on: June 03, 2005, 06:04:28 PM »
Currently I am learning how to play the bass.    

The Church that I attend is a small ministry.  We do not have any muscians, except for drummer.

Questionssssss  are????

1.  What do I do

2.  Should i Just Get myself ready for when we finally get a muscian?
     (I guess i Should be saying how do i get myself ready)

3.   Should The drummer and I  just go for it by ourselves. ( I mean can  
      you really get it going with a okay drummer and a bad bass player
       who doesn't know what he is doing)

Is  there anyone out there that has been through this or is currently going through this that can help a brother out  

HOW EXACTLY WOULD U APPROACH THIS SITUATION IF U WERE IN MY SHOES!!!

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

no problemo!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 06:45:30 PM »
...with traditional Black music like fast songs and shout music at devotional service....it is no problem...assuming that you dont intend to stay a bad bass player!

But as it stands now I would just be glad it is a small church and play what you know. Learn two new praise songs a week. Practice with the drummer and who ever is singing as much as possible to get it to sound as good as possible and do you very best in Jesus' name.

That is all God expects....now as for the congregation...ask them to pray for you as you try to serve God the best way you can and get your praise on.

for help sounding good look at any of my posts especially the ones that say with backup or with a popular chord progression...they have the actual music with it so you can really get the feel....

I have lessons that you can buy that are great also...but if you look at one of the sticky posts up top all of my posts are in one place...learn those and you and your drummer will be cookin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up