LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zildjian is Loosing to SABIAN  (Read 9679 times)

HammerRock

Zildjian is Loosing to SABIAN
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 10:13:41 AM »
drummerboy25 said:

i use a mixture of both companies, but predominately Sabian.

Sabian-Pro 13" Hats
Sabian-Pro 15" studio crash
Sabian-AA 10" splash
Wuhan-12" china
Zildijian-20" ping ride

You have a set a lot like mine... I have all Sabians (XS 20s) except for the ride, which is a Zil 20" Earth Ride... nice ping to it. I sold my 20" Sabian Ride.... not enough ping...

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 11:25:37 AM »
who are u to say that zildjians aren't musical if they were the foundation of every cymbal company on this planet if u cant cope with the zildjian then u need not to be a drummer and how can aax be better than a k if u must not have heard the constinople or dark crashes or chinas or splashes plus the guy who created the k series for zildjian branched off from zildjian and made a cymbal company that none of sabians cymbals can compare to those the name istanbul or alchemy ring a bell

HammerRock

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 11:30:13 AM »
I've heard some Istanbul ones... not too shabby but really priced high.

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
Hey guess what?  I re-thought about Sabian and I'm going to get some.  I guess if you can't beat them join them, huh?   (I'm still keeping my Zildjians as a second set of cymbals)  I just like giving Sabian a hard time.

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 05:26:10 PM »
i aint going to lie i have an hh 18' crash from sabian the only other cymbals i would buy from sabian would be the hhx xtreme crash or the ozone or effeks crash and maybe the raw bell dry ride but i cant really stand their hi hats any one no of any sabian hi hats that are really good sounding

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 07:27:20 PM »
Sabian Hand Hammered 13" Bright Hats sound really really good.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline Jedi3

• LGM Member
  • "Do or do not. There is no try."

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 10:47:20 AM »
Some food for thought:

In my opinion, cymbal choice is as individual as fingerprints.  You have to choose the cymbals that are pleasing to your ears.  Whether it is a Sabian, Zildjian, or whatever, if it doesn't sound and feel good to you, there's no point in using it.  I happen to be a Zildjian man myself and that's just preference.  When I buy cymbals, I usually have someone else in the store play them for me and I stand at different distances and locations in the room to hear how they sound individually and how colorful they are together.  It just so happens that the ones that sounded best to me were Zildjians so that's what I bought.  But just to throw some fuel on the Zildjian vs. Sabian debate......the founder of Sabian cymbals......his first name is Robert........his last name is ZILDJIAN. :D

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 12:12:20 PM »
yeah man everyone knows the founders were brothers.
  and just because something was an original or foundation does not mean it was the best. it was the just the prototype for someone else to make better... like the original game of basketball, the first car,  or the first casio keyboard :lol:  :lol:  
   i haven't played the istanbul cymbals i'll have to try them... but i will always be a sabianese
    :D  peace
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2005, 12:00:58 PM »
Some body should go on both websites and see how many people endorse Zildjians and how endorse Sabians, then we'll have our answer!

JFunky

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2005, 01:33:50 PM »
C'mon brothers and sisters, settle down. :roll:   It's all about what YOU like.  It's obvious that Zildjian and Sabian are similar to each other in some ways and different in other ways.  The important thing is that whatever cymbal you choose to use has to be musical in every aspect of your playing and does not interupt whatever musical situation you're in.  I've been in churches where they use Ave. Zildjian Medium Crashes and they are just peircing everyones ears in a worship situation.  Not a good choice of weight for a church in my opinion.  Then at another church that I've visited, the drummer was using Thinner Darker cymbals with some bright ones and they just flowed with the music beautifully.  

All Cymbal Companies have good cymbals and junk cymbals.  It's up to YOU to choose your weapon but at the same time, use a cymbal that flows with the music you play.  If you play Rock, then you would use Med. Thin to Medium of Medium Heavy Crashes.  If you're in Church, Thin to Med. thin should be the heaviest you should use.  It doesn't matter the Company because we're not sponsored.  Just my opinion.

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 02:06:06 PM »
What do you like JFunky?, LOL

JFunky

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2005, 02:29:09 PM »
All I've played growing up were Zildjians but now I find myself looking for my own personal voice and not some one elses.  I like Sabian Rock/Sizzle Hi Hats (AA) and the AA 12" mini hats.  I also like the new Sabian HHX Evolution 20" Ride and the 21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride.  
  I'm also liking some of the cymbals that Istanbul has.  To answer your question though, I'm more on the Zildjian side but I like to test out the free agency market. :D

j_kay

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2005, 05:40:11 PM »
Nicely put, JFunky!  I couldn't add anything else, since you've hit a lot of points that I would have mentioned.

TheEvolution

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2005, 11:04:07 AM »
OK EVERYONE!!!!!! I WAS THE ONE WHO CREATED THAT POST!!!!! I WAS JUST SIMPLY STATING THAT SABIAN'S TRADITIONAL WAY OF MAKING CYMBALS MAKE THE SABIAN SOUND MORE PURE AND RICH, COMPARED TO ZILDJIAN'S MODERN MACHINE TECHNIQUES.........ANYONE AGREE'S?

I WAS FINDINGLEEMO......I JUST DECIDED TO CHANGE MY SCREEN NAME

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2005, 01:23:46 PM »
I agree.  I like both each company has their own specialty

Offline DrummerBoy1224

• LGM Member
    • http://www.members.blackplanet.com/poohdaddi/

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2005, 02:45:16 AM »
Sabian's AAXplosion line is crazy.  I love them

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2005, 11:59:39 AM »
I personallt prefer Zildjian Crashes and splashes but as far as effects (O-Zone, Chinas) Sabian wins hands down.  Th hi-hats go to Zildjian because the K-Z Dynos are somethin serious.  The rides are about the same.
Keep It Funky
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up