LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's your favorite bass player ?  (Read 28997 times)

Offline Spinx

• LGM Member

Who's your favorite bass player ?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 05:15:24 PM »
Tony Russel, Donald Alford, Sharay Reed, and Maurice Fitzgerald these are all bass players from chicago, collectively they've played for Smokie Norful Yalonda Adams John P. Kee New Direction Fred Hammond, and many more artists!

Offline Spinx

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 05:19:09 PM »
Tony Russel, Donald Alford, Sharay Reed, and Maurice Fitzgerald these are all bass players from chicago, collectively they've played for Smokie Norful Yalonda Adams John P. Kee New Direction Fred Hammond Kim Burrel, and many more artists!

Offline timcondition

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005, 07:24:19 AM »
Yo, yall need to check out this dude who is kind of under the radar. His name is Ethan Farmer and I just saw him in A.C. last week hittin for Babyface. Yo, he is the truth. He belongs to a group called the Movement Orchestra and this band is a collection of some of the sickest musicians on the planet. Complete with horns, strings Brian Moore on drums, vocalists and my man Robbie Lewis (founder of Here II Praise) doing most of the writing, arranging and playing keys, guitar and other instruments!!!

Check them out at www.movementorchestra.com trust me you won't be disappointed.

Offline ksmithburner5

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 09:59:16 AM »
D Freeman Fitz Reggie Young lil Tony Raphael Saadiq Fred Hammond Ricky Kinchen from mint condition Robert Williams Stanley Clark JOEL SMITH just to name a few

Offline kaddw

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 07:42:33 PM »
This cat out of Charlotte, his name is John Dillard. Flawless he plays on a Pedula 6. My gracious...... Fitzgerald has better keep praticing. Just for those who have never heard him he is the bass player on the Daryl Coley project, the last one. Behold the lamb I think, however it was recorded in Charlotte.

Offline swallace

• LGM Member

alfonza kee
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 08:54:18 PM »
john p kee has a big brother who taught him to play bass now hes teaching me(big brothers name is alfonza kee)

Offline kaddw

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2005, 01:50:02 PM »
taught who?

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 11:23:39 PM »
REGGIE YOUNG!!!!!
Romans 1:16

Offline e-bert

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2005, 12:19:49 AM »
You know, all the responses I read are true. Also D. Free-Child ( Darryl
Freeman ), hails from the very place I live right now, ( macon, ga. ),
and he was tought by a friend of mine, anyway my favorite is none other
than Louis Johnson. Others include Stanley, Abe Laboriel, James Jamerson, Geddy Lee, Will Lee and a host of others. By the way a big
shout out to D Free Child. Keep bein blessed man !

Offline chitownorgan

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2005, 12:11:02 PM »
I WAS IN KENTUCKY LAST NIGHT  AND I HEARD  SHARAY REED  LIVE  FOR THA FIRST TIME.....AND THIS GUY IS NO PUNK 8O   NOT ONLY THAT CAUSE ALOT AF PEOPLE CAN PLAY   BUT HE HAS AN ANOITING AND AN HUMBLE SPIRIT.....THIS GUY IS AMAZING........

SO IMMA HAVE TO SAY
SHARAY REED AND  
MAURICE FITZGERALD  ( OMG  THOSE OF U THAT ARE FROM CHICAGO, HAVE U HEARD SWEET HOLY SPIRITS NEW SHOUT MUSIC.... 8O  8O )

TYE TRIBETTS SHOUT IS OF THA CHAIN  BUT THIS ONE I HEARD ( AND ITS GONNA BE ON THE ALBUM OF MALCOLM WILLIAMS AND VOGF) WILL MAKE U FORGET ABOUT TYE'S   SORRY :D

Offline JayZee

• LGM Member
    • gospel music train

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »
May this Speak for itself....... www.joelesmith.com

Joel has been blessed to work with many artist.  Here is a partial list:

Yolanda Adams                            Lisa Fisher                                   Lawrence Matthews
Vanessa Bell-Armstrong          Bishop Walter L. Hawkins          Mary Mary
Patti Austin                                   Jaime Hawkins                            LaShun Pace
The William Brothers                  Edwin Hawkins                           Rodney Posey
Frankie Beverly                            Lynette Hawkins-Stephens     Tower of Power
Phillip Bailey                                  Tramaine Hawkins                     Chuck Rainey
Kim Burrell                                    Robin Hodge-Williams                Mark Russo
Wanda Nero Butler                       The Holmes Sisters                   Brenda Russell
Beverly Crawford                         Bishop T. D. Jakes                      Cleophus Robinson Jr.
Kurt Carr                                        Al Jarreau                                      Kenton Rogers
Pilgrim Rest Mass Choir            Will Kennedy                                  Michelle Shocked

Mississippi Mass Choir             Carl Lockett                                Dr. Richard Smallwood
Dallas Fort-Worth Choir               Patti LaBelle                               J. Spencer
San Diego Mass Choir                 Donald Lawrence                      Hector Soto  
The Love Center Choir                Rev. James Moore                    Neil Shone  
Jonathan DuBose Jr.                     Kevin Moore                              Carlos Santana
Orlando Draper                               Bobby McFerrin                        Karen Clark-Sheard
Sheila Escovedo                             Stephanie Mills                        Tony Toni Tone
Vonnie Lopez                                 Virtue                                         Shanice Williams

Be Be Winans                                 Michael Walden                         Maurice White
Carl Wheeler Jr.                            Frank Williams                           Beau Williams
Alex "ASAP" Ward                         The Wynn Sisters                     Tachina Danielle

Trevor Thompson                         Aaron Lopez                             Sunny Hawkins

Twinkie Clark                                 Ce-Ce Winans                             Benita Washington

David Bratton                                   Daryl Coley                                  Eric Claybon  & Reign

AND MANY MORE!!

God Bless You,
jayzee

www.gospelmusictrain.com

Offline Muziqmann

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 11:34:01 AM »
My Favorites are:

Reggie Young
Dwayne Wright (Tim's son)
Thaddeus Tribbet
Pastor Jeffrey White and His son
When the minstrel played, the hand of the LORD was upon him.  II Kings 3:15

Offline Muziqmann

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005, 09:27:13 AM »
Debra Killings
Fred Hammond

Sorry I couldn't finish.
When the minstrel played, the hand of the LORD was upon him.  II Kings 3:15

Spiritfingers

FINGAZ
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005, 01:20:57 AM »
My favorite player is SpiritFingers!

LATA,
FINGAZ

Offline Chtrja77

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2005, 06:18:05 AM »
My fav players are David Dyson, Debra Killings, Jaco, Gary Grainger, Al Turner and Scott Ambush.

And of course Toronto's Finest!!! I got a chance to hear him live last week...very expressional.

Offline Bottomzone

• LGM Member

Favorite Bass Players
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2005, 01:04:17 AM »
There are a lot of amazing bass players-past, present and future. I must give props to my favorites and the ones who have influenced my approach-THE O-B'S or Original Bassists. Monk Montgomery(Wes' brother who was the first to use the electric bass in jazz), Stanley Clarke( My main influence and the greatest of all time), Bootsy Collins, Larry Graham, Louis Johnson, Abe Laboriel, Bunny Brunel, Alphonso Johnson, Jaco, Marcus Miller, James Jamerson Sr., Anthony Jackson, Danny Wilson(Jeff Lorber Fusion), Brian Bromberg, Ron Carter, Ray Brown, Paul Chambers, Jimmy Blanton, Charles Mingus, and Ralphe Armstrong. I am sure that there are more that I forgot or am not aware of.

GOD BLESS!!

Offline anointed_strings

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2005, 09:17:53 PM »
Maurice Fitzgerald has a way of playing that just amazes me, but I love the way that Tony Russell, Joel Smith, and the bass player for Tonex's Out the Box (sorry can,t think of his name at the moment) play.  But my favorite player is Terrence Palmer.  Once I saw him play on Isreal's Another Level DVD, I was hooked.

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2005, 12:37:01 AM »
tim williams(g.m.w.a, keyshia coles, rodney bryant)
derrick hearns(ricky dillard)
sharey reed
lil tony
tom kennedy(dave weckl)

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 11:19:16 AM »
My fav is Rodney Jones. He is just coming into his own- and he is nasty. He plays with New Direction, Joshua's Troop, Chicago Mass and some others. I played with his once and he blew me away.

I also like:
The Chicago Crew (Fitz, Sharay, Lil' Tony Russell, Swole)
TP
D. Freeman

Offline Bizzybody

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2005, 09:36:15 AM »
My favorite bass players are Andrew Gouche, Tim Williams (monster), Terry Tribbet, and Chris Loftlin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up