LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Your Snare Drum Determine What Brand of drums You Play?  (Read 798 times)

TheEvolution

Hey to my Fellow TimeKeepers,

Im kinda having a problem of which brand of Drums I would like to play. I figured if I buy a 6 1/2x14 Pearl Free-Floating maple snare, that i would get a Masters, or invest in a Masterworks.  I wanted a Yamaha Steve Jordan Maple snare, with A Yamaha Maple Custom absolute. Right now, the only drums, i think i want to play is Pearl, because first, I like the options that the Masterworks series give you, and I liked the way they sounded when Marvin McQuitty was playing them.  You know what, I think I will invest in a Masterworks, with DW Hardware, with the Pearl DR-503 straight bar 3-sided rack, tell me what yall think...........

Offline InThePocket

• LGM Member
  • "Lord Annoint My Hands To Do Thy Service"

Does Your Snare Drum Determine What Brand of drums You Play?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 10:49:05 PM »
I think you have the right idea....you should always invest in what sounds good instead of the brand name. In the past i made the mistake of investing into equipment because of its looks or brand but i see now that even professional drummers have different brands of cymbals, snares, etc. because of the sound it produces which is the most important thing.
-hope this helped-

CATRON

Does Your Snare Drum Determine What Brand of drums You Play?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 11:20:19 PM »
Well to me it really does matter what my set looks like or who made it. All thats matters is how it sounds to me. B/c at churchright now we have a 6-piece pearl it sound great. But my snares I play either my snare or a 14 inch Grestch. And the thing about it is when I tune all of my different drums up they sound like 1 kit.

HOLLA
Pages: [1]   Go Up