LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bible Quizz #11  (Read 637 times)

Bible Quizz #11
« on: June 27, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »
Here's an easy one...

Who was the first that was aware of the resurrection of Jesus?

Bible Quizz #11
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 12:55:05 PM »
Rephrase:

Who was the first WITNESS of the resurrection of Jesus?

Nakia518

Bible Quizz #11
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 01:22:58 PM »
Mary Magdeline?

Offline elio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Bible Quizz #11
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 02:51:21 AM »
Technically speaking, Mary did not witness the event. She spoke with the gardener/angel who told her about it.

The two disciples at Emmaus were the first to meet Jesus in the flesh (and therefore witness His resurrection) when he shared dinner with them and disappeared.

So I say it's them two.

Am I close?

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Bible Quizz #11
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 03:00:36 AM »
Actually it was the Guards....who witnessed the ressurection...they ran back and told the high priest what happened..and the High priest gave them hush money and told them to lie and say the disciplines took the body away etc...
Matthew 28:11-15

but if you read the first verses in Matthew 28 it sayes Mary M. and others went to the suplchre, there was the earthquake , the angel making the anouncement, keepers becoming as dead men....(fainting)..etc and so on and so on....
but i think it was the guards.....
So who was it?
We can go from Glory to Goofy in a matter of seconds, by not heeding HIS voice. M.G. Blankenship

Bible Quizz #11
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 05:46:12 AM »
Matthew 28:11 Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done. 12 And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers, 13 Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept. 14 And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you. 15 So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.

Congratulations Lorenzo!!

Offline LorenzoS

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Bible Quizz #11
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 06:00:50 AM »
:lol: i happen to have read that a few days ago
We can go from Glory to Goofy in a matter of seconds, by not heeding HIS voice. M.G. Blankenship
Pages: [1]   Go Up