LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone know "There is no Secret"  (Read 3827 times)

Offline pk2k3

• LGM Member

Does anyone know "There is no Secret"
« on: June 13, 2003, 01:49:03 PM »
I'm a new gospel musician (2 years playing) who is new to the site and I wanted to know if anyone knows "There is no Secret."  I have a lady at my church who wants me to learn the song for the choir, but I don't know the artist and so I can't find the lyrics or the chords and our Minister of music has never heard the song.  My old church choir sang it a long time ago when I was younger and all I remember from the song is:

The--re,
Is no Secret.
The--re,
Is no secret.
What he's done for others,
He'll do the sa--me for you----, for you.

Can someone please help this P.K. (Preacher's kid for y'all who don't know) out?
<FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif" color=#0099ff size=3><EM><STRONG>Alex Chaney</STRONG></EM></FONT>

Offline rafman1718

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 11:08:45 PM »
Lyrics and Chords to "It Is No Secret" in the key of C:

Lyrics- LH / RH

It-  C / GCE
is-  D / GBD
no- E / GCE
secret- F / ACF
what- F,E / FAC
God-  D / DGB
can- G / CFA
do.- C / CEG

What- C / GCE
He's- E / GBD
done for- A / GCE
o-thers- D / FACE,D
He'll do for- G / FAC
you. C / GCE

Passing Chords:
A / GCE
Ab / GbBEb
G / FBbD

With- C / GCE
arms-D / GBD
wide- E / GCE
open,- F / ACF
He'll- F,E / FAC
par- D / DGB
don- G / CFA
you- C / CEG

It- C / GCE
is- C / ADF
no- C / CEG
se-cret- D / FACE,D
what- G / ACF
God- G / ACF
can- G / ACF
do.- C / GCE

This is a very simple post of this song. For someone who's been playing for 2 years, I'm sure you can add you own flavor to the mix. To start, try playing different inversions of the chords I posted.
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart!

Offline pk2k3

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 05:12:57 PM »
Thanks rafman.  I appreciate it.
<FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif" color=#0099ff size=3><EM><STRONG>Alex Chaney</STRONG></EM></FONT>

Offline rafman1718

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 08:46:19 PM »
Sure. Any time!  :wink:
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart!

itsallpeach

KEEP IT SIMPLE! KEEP IT SIMPLE!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 02:59:29 PM »
KEEP IT SIMPLE!  Baptist folks LOVE this song. . .I have never seen as many black folks on one accord as when this song is played during offering or altar call in a Baptist Church on Sunday morning.  Keep the chords simple because every member of the congregation is going to throw in their own special run while you are singing it!!  Try not to laugh when you think about what I said, but this is one of the first songs I've learned how to play and WHEN YOU PLAY IT IN ANY KEY OTHER THAN C, THEY WILL FROWN AND SAY IT "JUST DIDN'T SOUND RIGHT!"  They might even try to shout afterwards. . .I HATED THIS SONG as a child because we already knew that we were going to have to hear it EVERY Sunday and all Sunday afternoon during family dinner.  In fact, when my grandmother rocks my cousin's baby to sleep some days, she sings or hums this song (and I always pitch her in C in my head)!  As you learn to play this, I hope it will NOT be as traumatic for you.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Offline pk2k3

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 04:45:23 PM »
thanks for the advice peach. I'll make sure to keep it simple. I remember our choir singing it a lot too, when I was younger, but I don't think I'm gonna let it turn into an every Sunday ordeal...I've found several Kirk Franklin and Fred Hammond songs become very annoying because of that, thanks to a couple musicians at my church!  :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up