LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vanbasco  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Juvenile

• LGM Member

Vanbasco
« on: December 05, 2003, 08:31:41 PM »
Im a beginner, Im starting lessons after christmas, I know some of the basics, I was wondering if learning songs form here would benefit me or should I just wait till I start my lessons. Im in love with "Everlasting Love" I've started learing it. Can practising these songs improve your overall keyboard skill.
Lord help me learn the piano.

Offline jamesearljonesjr

• LGM Member

Re: Vanbasco
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 12:56:28 AM »
Quote from: Juvenile
Im a beginner, Im starting lessons after christmas, I know some of the basics, I was wondering if learning songs form here would benefit me or should I just wait till I start my lessons. Im in love with "Everlasting Love" I've started learing it. Can practising these songs improve your overall keyboard skill.

Play as much as you can.  Learn as much as you can. Whie you're waiting for your lessons to start, try to figure out your favorite songs on the piano.   Start with the melodies and then start working on building the chords around those notes.  If you have access to sheet music that has chord symbols, get a chord dictionary and start working on those songs.  Don't worry about the individual notes or playing the melody, for now just play the chords.  Play the root of the chord in your left hand and the rest with your right.  By the time your lessons start you'll be good to go.

- Good luck

Offline Juvenile

• LGM Member

Vanbasco
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 07:54:44 PM »
thanks bro,

can you recommend a simple song to learn (midi). I noticed some of the sounds I really liked is the idea that I should try and remember what it was so that after a while I can remember it and improvise or use it else where?
Lord help me learn the piano.
Pages: [1]   Go Up