LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: young drummer here  (Read 1371 times)

123music

young drummer here
« on: July 04, 2005, 06:08:21 PM »
PTL.
i need some suggestion to play better fills and new beats. also im having trouble playing the best that i can on my churches set because im to used to my set at home. any suggestions would be appretieated.

Offline InThePocket

• LGM Member
  • "Lord Annoint My Hands To Do Thy Service"

young drummer here
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 09:24:55 PM »
Sup 123music...I think that changing or repositioning your set might help you come up with some new beats and fills. Also I would try my best not to listen to the drums but entirely to the music. In the past I would have sundays when i felt that my fills and beats were lame because i was listening entirely to the music but when i listened to the recording of the service, i heard myself doing things on the set that i wasn't aware of when i was recording.
I know the discomfort feeling of church set vs. home set. What helps me is to make sure I have the same seating height as my home set and then adjust the rest of the set from their.

Offline InThePocket

• LGM Member
  • "Lord Annoint My Hands To Do Thy Service"

young drummer here
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 09:28:32 PM »
Quote from: InThePocket
Sup 123music...I think that changing or repositioning your set might help you come up with some new beats and fills. Also I would try my best not to listen to the drums but entirely to the music. In the past I would have sundays when i felt that my fills and beats were lame because i was listening entirely to the music but when i listened to the recording of the service, i heard myself doing things on the set that i wasn't aware of when i was recording.
I know the discomfort feeling of church set vs. home set. What helps me is to make sure I have the same seating height as my home set and then adjust the rest of the set from their.

*I meant to say that listening entirely to the music will help rather than listening to just the drums.

Offline ET-in-DC

• LGM Member

young drummer here
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 07:41:47 AM »
When we got our new kit I was a little concerned too because it was bigger. 8,10,14,16....three crashes I china and 1 Custom K ride, when we used to have a regular 5 piece with two crashes and a ride.....

I had to go there to practice on it so I can get used to it....I also took my cd player and played to the songs to get used to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up