LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find it hard to play with both hands, Im I dumb?  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Juvenile

• LGM Member

Find it hard to play with both hands, Im I dumb?
« on: December 08, 2003, 07:39:54 PM »
I feel so thick, If I workout a certain melody and the base notes, I find it hard to play both at the same time and in perfect sync. Is there anything that can be advised to improve this?
Lord help me learn the piano.

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 12:43:55 AM »
Yes, Juvie, it's called pratice! :lol:  You'll get the cornination, it takes time, just start out with the 1_5 in the left hand for now:

LH / RH
CG / C
FC / F
GD / G
~~~~~~~~~~~~
OR TRI-TONES
EBb / C
EbA / F
FB / G
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THAT'S YOUR 1_4_5 IN C

There's a bunch of topic's in the theory room just type left hand chords in search or something like that, you'll be suprized what comes up!

Offline Juvenile

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 07:23:52 PM »
thanx H

can tri tones be described as a dim 5th then or aug 4th. They are so ugly sounding, when would you use them?

Should I practise in all keys, then use triad/seventh chords on the right hand. Im practising along to a drum patern to improve timing.

Sometimes it feels like Ive got fat fingers as I may accidently press two neighbouring keys...lol :oops:
Lord help me learn the piano.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 09:39:51 PM »
THESE KIND OF LEFT HAND CHORDS INVOLVE THE DOM. 7TH AND THE 3RD. PRATICE THEM, YOU'RE NOT USED TO HEARING THEM, AND DOING THEM, JUST KEEP PRATICING THEM:

EBb / C
GB / Db
GbC / D
GDb / Eb
AbD / E
AEb / F
BbE / Gb
BF / G
CGb / Ab
DbG / A
DAb / Bb
EbA / B
~~~~~~~~~~ ALSO THERE'S 2 CHORDS FOR EVERY TRI-TONE LOOK AT THE 'C' LEFT HAND AND THE 'Gb' LEFT HAND!, THEY SHARE THE SAME NOTES FOR THEIR RESPECTIVE 3 AND DOM. 7!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 10:40:05 PM »
Yea, like he said....Just keep practicing 'em, and eventually you'll start to like 'em. (You sound like my wife.)

Quick Fact: The tri-tone use to be forbidden to play. It was called "The Devil's Interval", because of the "ugly" sound you're talking about, but today, with all the rampant sin going on, it's ok to play it now. ;) Hey, it's even encouraged!

j/k
 :D

Offline ee_guy

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 08:05:02 AM »
Juvenile, the Tritone is also called the "flat 5th".  You could also call it an "augmented 4th".  (But I think that I would say "flat 5" if I was talking about it.)

Fun with Tritones!

1.  Consider the blues scale (in C)

C Eb F Gb G Bb C

Play this fast any you will see why we play flat fives.

2.  Another interesting feature of this scale, for a singer or an instrument that is not restricted the equal tempered scale, is that the Eb is actually (normally) sounded as the mean of the Eb and E (half-way between them).  Play the scale again, on a piano, and strike the Eb and E at the same time.

3.  Wiping notes

Consider the triad C E G

Get there by quickly playing  C Eb Gb, use the same fingers and "wipe" to
C E G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up