LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thekeynote (lisa) I want that song u played  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Juvenile

• LGM Member

thekeynote (lisa) I want that song u played
« on: December 04, 2003, 08:05:34 PM »
Im listenening to the song Jesus I love you that you played, wow, ur really good, thats what I wanna be playing like (on the piano) :lol:

Are the chords written down for it some where, Im in love with the song, it sounds so great. Im still a novice and I havent started taking lessons yet (start in january).
Lord help me learn the piano.

Offline CoolJay

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 09:07:38 PM »
if u get vanbasco it will show u how to play

Offline uniquepraize

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 08:07:12 AM »
Can someone send me that midi also?  Thanks.  You can email it to uniquepraize@aol.com

Offline uniquepraize

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 08:44:19 AM »
I didn't see that the midi was already posted.  Thanks Lisa!

Offline drummerboy805

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 02:01:47 PM »
where is th midi at???

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.lisamholden.com

Re: thekeynote (lisa) I want that song u played
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 06:19:37 AM »
Quote from: Juvenile
Im listenening to the song Jesus I love you that you played, wow, ur really good, thats what I wanna be playing like (on the piano) :lol:

Are the chords written down for it some where, Im in love with the song, it sounds so great. Im still a novice and I havent started taking lessons yet (start in january).

Thank Juvenille....I appreciate your compliments.  

For everyone else, I responded to the post Thursday evening in the Organ room...here's my post and the link:

I was mistaken, I do not have a copy of the entire song book...only 4 songs from that CD. I love him!! Norman Hutchins is alright...except!
Listen to the end of the CD, in the interview he's talking about picking up the guitar and writing songs on the guitar. This one is in A natural--a guitar player's key.

This song is a textbook example lesson in I, vi, ii, V7 The main pattern in A is Amaj7, F#m7, Bm7, E7 (BASICALLY  

Here's the link to the midi---since I made a commitment, I learned anyway--despite the fact that I thought I had the sheet music to it. It's a quickie--30 minute learn. It may not be "just like the record" but it's pretty darn close!  I played it on the midi 3 ways. The first one, the melody is up high just for reference, and I played one chord change at a time--no rolling, no filling so you can see it easily on your midi program.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.lisamholden.com/JesusILoveYou.MID

Lisa

Footnote:  It literally took me 20 minutes to get the chord changes--once I figured out the key, I listen with those headphones loud and felt the theory behind it.  God is good!
www.lisamholden.com
If "seeing is believing", try believing without seeing!

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 12:35:21 PM »
Lisa I like it. It sounds great. You broke it down very well. This is the first time I heard you playing it. This is funny, my daughter was singing this song riding in the car. I told her that I was going to let her sing it. Maybe I will record it for you and send it to you. It depends on how it sounds. :D

Nice job!
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline Juvenile

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »
Sister B, Is there a way you can hear the song being sung, as I would like to sing it when my playing skills improve. Your avatar make me laugh eveytime I see it.
Lord help me learn the piano.

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 03:46:16 PM »
Quote from: Juvenile
Sister B, Is there a way you can hear the song being sung, as I would like to sing it when my playing skills improve. Your avatar make me laugh eveytime I see it.

Juvenile,
This song is by Norman Hutchins on the "Nobody But You" CD.  Very good--some contemporary, some old school gospel.  It's a great CD.  You could try looking for the song --it's not mass marketed I don't think, because he's on an independent record label (I may be wrong about that).  

Second thoughts, I have a CD ripper program that will "rip" the songs from a CD...I can do that, turn it into a .WAV file, then convert it to an MP3 file and then email it to you.  IT JUST HIT ME!!  That's how I put the MP3 samples of my mom's CD on my website--I ripped her CD and then cut the files down for samples.  

Send me your email address and I'll email it to you.  thekeynote@hotmail.com  If you have a CD burner, you can burn it on a CD and listen to it in your car or anywhere :-)  

Give me a few days to do it though....I've got a gig tonight and church Sunday.  

Sharon--I'm glad you like that song!!  Your daughter would be sweet singing that.  Another one I like from the CD is You Are The Potter...mold me and use me, have thine own way!  Beautiful song.  

Juvenile, Sister T (Roline) has been given about 50 of my midis that I've done over the past 3 or 4 years (Suleyman--i think that's his name) actually sent them to me!!  He had a collection of them...I am honored and touched that he thinks that much to have accumulated nearly 50 of them!!!   Thanks Suleyman! I'd lost track of many of them.  

Anyway, Roline has some of them up on her website, and possibly will make a "Lisa Corner" on her site to put them.  I think if you listen to some of my midis you will find that the piano is NOT impossible to play, and sound good at it.  Many people play EVERYT HING they know in EVERY SONG they play.  Like Mariah Carey (GREAT singer) but she sings every vocal run she knows in every single song she records!  Sometimes, I like to just lay back and play only a few notes at a time and that adds for emotion---it's my own personal preference.  My goal in 2004 is to really study jazz and become a better improvisationist.  You CAN play minimal piano notes at a time (because you may not have the capability to more --YET ;-) and still sound good and feel that you are making progress.  Be encouraged---I sense your determination in every post you make.  

I am a school teacher, and a former piano teacher.  Many people can play, BUT not all people can teach.  I have several midis I've done from very basic to more complicated and embellished.  If you get a midi software program or the VanBasco free player, you can see the piano keys light up and learn from there.

Didn't mean to be so long---I type fast  :wink:

Many thanks again!  I'm glad you enjoyed the song.

Lisa
www.lisamholden.com

Offline drummerboy805

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 01:39:43 PM »
thank you for the midi.it sounds great. I was wondering, are the chords posted for the song?? I wanted to try and learn that song!! Thanks to all who have helped me in my piano playing!!

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 04:43:11 PM »
Sharon--I'm glad you like that song!! Your daughter would be sweet singing that. Another one I like from the CD is You Are The Potter...mold me and use me, have thine own way! Beautiful song.

Lisa I am going to get this song just for my daugher. She was singing along with your music. I think that's her key. Dang it! she can't sing it in the key of G. :lol:
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 05:50:54 PM »
Quote from: drummerboy805
thank you for the midi.it sounds great. I was wondering, are the chords posted for the song?? I wanted to try and learn that song!! Thanks to all who have helped me in my piano playing!!

Drummerboy--you're welcome for the midi!  As I mentioned in my post, I don't write out chords.  It's I, vi, ii, V (basically) in the key of A.

Sharon, Ab or G will be fine  or up a 1/2 step to Bb :-).  This is a great opportunity to practice that pattern in many keys!  I just might try that in B, E and D especially.

Love to all!
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 06:08:18 PM »
Lisa I am going to try learn it in A. You know me I don't give up that easily. Every song I have learned so far, I learned it in the key the artists are playing it in. My daughter seems comfortable in A, so I am going to learn it in A. I had this CD all this time and I didn't know the song"Jesus, I love you" is on there.  I like Norman Hutchins. You think you can show me how to sequence? I hope you are going to teach at the LGM union. Hopefully I can make it next year.

much love
Sharon
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2003, 10:26:13 PM »
Quote from: blessedone
Lisa I am going to try learn it in A. You know me I don't give up that easily. Every song I have learned so far, I learned it in the key the artists are playing it in. My daughter seems comfortable in A, so I am going to learn it in A. I had this CD all this time and I didn't know the song"Jesus, I love you" is on there.  I like Norman Hutchins. You think you can show me how to sequence? I hope you are going to teach at the LGM union. Hopefully I can make it next year.

much love
Sharon

Sharon,
God Bless you, Girlllfriend!  If it is the Lord's will, I plan to attend the Reunion.  There are many ways to sequencing that I've discovered with encouragement to start it from Karen.  You can sequence directly on a keyboard that has a sequencer in it.  OR, you can sequence by your keyboard being connected via a midi port or USB cable to your computer.  For real productions, I prefer using the computer and software programs I've mentioned before.  I certainly don't know everything about it, but again--if it is the Lord's will, I will teach it.  

I am a perfectionist to a fault, so my sequences are time consuming.  Shake the Foundation is about a 15 hour project.  

Daryl, if you're reading this---In order for me to teach the class effectively, I will need a screen and a projector to hook to my laptop so that the computer screen and the software can be easily seen by the entire group. And, I will probably do two hours each day in which folk must attend both sessions.  Don't come to the second one trying to catch up w/what we covered during the first session.  :lol: If I can spend 15 hours on a song, it is obviously an involved process.  

Also, if anyone is buying a piano keyboard, I strongly recommend one that has a floppy drive and can read sequences in the format of standard midi files.  A floppy drive on a keyboard opens up an entirely new world!  You don't have to go with one with automatic accompaniment either.  Karen has an EX-5 by Yamaha (way out of my price range) but I know that is one keyboard that has a floppy disk drive and plays midi files.

Love you, Sharon!  Can't wait to hear you play again.

Lisa
www.lisamholden.com

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 08:04:52 AM »
Quote from: thekeynote
Juvenile, Sister T (Roline) has been given about 50 of my midis that I've done over the past 3 or 4 years (Suleyman--i think that's his name) actually sent them to me!!  He had a collection of them...I am honored and touched that he thinks that much to have accumulated nearly 50 of them!!!   Thanks Suleyman! I'd lost track of many of them.  

I started uploading the midis. I'll be uploading them a little at a time over the next week. Thanks again Lisa!

Offline gospelman26

• LGM Member

song
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 08:21:22 AM »
That was Great!!!!!!!!!!!!  That really lifted me up this morning and that's one thing I will keep in my mind to keep me going on this long bumpy road to playing the keys.  I hope you continue to post things like this because not only is the music that you played great but the song that you have chosen is the reson why I want to play.  I love JESUS and I want to be able to play for the Lord.  Once again thank you so much for the boost.

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: song
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 06:02:39 PM »
Quote from: gospelman26
That was Great!!!!!!!!!!!!  That really lifted me up this morning and that's one thing I will keep in my mind to keep me going on this long bumpy road to playing the keys.  I hope you continue to post things like this because not only is the music that you played great but the song that you have chosen is the reson why I want to play.  I love JESUS and I want to be able to play for the Lord.  Once again thank you so much for the boost.

Gospelman, you're very welcome!  I'm glad that I could be a blessing to you.  Be encouraged and don't give up.  I love songs like that because they really do speak to my spirit.

Be Blessed!
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 06:05:10 PM »
I started uploading the midis. I'll be uploading them a little at a time over the next week. Thanks again Lisa![/quote]

Thank YOU Roline.  I pray that people will appreciate your hard work as well.

NOW, for those struggling players, I listen to some of these midis that I made even 3 or 4 years ago and cringe!  I want to do them over!...lol.  I'm going to start putting the date in the file name on my midis so I can track my own progress too.

Love ya!

Lisa
www.lisamholden.com

Offline Suleyman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

simple style for Gospel
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 02:12:27 AM »
Sometimes, I like to just lay back and play only a few notes at a time and that adds for emotion---it's my own personal preference.

Lisa, that is what is the secret of your charming style, in my opinion, which is more inspiring than the busy playing that most good musicians are tempted to fall into.

A neighbor who is an old studio musician, arranger, and producer says that one should mostly play the least possible notes.  Some of his favorite musicians are not at all technically good, but play simply with such expressive love of what they are doing that they are much more moving than those who are far greater in technique.  That is of course encouraging for all those of us who are weak on technique, but love playing.

This is especially important for those playing Gospel for the glory of GOD and not to impress people with THEIR OWN powers as players.

May God help you hold onto your simplicity, Lisa, no matter how technically advanced you may get!

Offline thekeynote

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: simple style for Gospel
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 08:55:10 PM »
Quote from: Suleyman
Sometimes, I like to just lay back and play only a few notes at a time and that adds for emotion---it's my own personal preference.

Lisa, that is what is the secret of your charming style, in my opinion, which is more inspiring than the busy playing that most good musicians are tempted to fall into.

A neighbor who is an old studio musician, arranger, and producer says that one should mostly play the least possible notes.  Some of his favorite musicians are not at all technically good, but play simply with such expressive love of what they are doing that they are much more moving than those who are far greater in technique.  That is of course encouraging for all those of us who are weak on technique, but love playing.

This is especially important for those playing Gospel for the glory of GOD and not to impress people with THEIR OWN powers as players.

May God help you hold onto your simplicity, Lisa, no matter how technically advanced you may get!

Suleyman, thank you again for the .zip file of my midis that you've collected!  I am truly humbled by your kind compliments made here.  I think I need a kleenex--and I'm serious!  Please email me so I can put your e-address in my book.  As I progress, or just play something you may like, I will send it your way.  Keep me posted on your progress too!

God Bless you, and again--thank you.  I'm humbled.
Lisa
www.lisamholden.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up