LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THING YOU HATE MOST ABOUT PLAYING DRUMS???????  (Read 17208 times)

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

THE THING YOU HATE MOST ABOUT PLAYING DRUMS???????
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 02:46:54 AM »
haha three words...country boy kits... and then when all 3 drummers at your church dont know how to set a kit up and you have to re-configure EVERY sunday and for every practice, lugging equipment aint all that bad for me, i kinda enjoy it lol maybeiz cuz my dad sing in all the choirs i play in and helps me but yall be blessed and stop turnin ya toms into binoculars on ya drums if u know what i mean lol... stay low n flat yall!!

Offline Zelevo

• LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 08:10:07 AM »
Been blame for everything which goes wrong in the service

The worse  is when the worship leader changes the song (tempo/groove) and does not get the required response from the congregation -  then turns on you with an angry face like you are the one reponsible.

Secondly I hate when people assume ownership of your sticks after you have borrowed it for some time.
Repetition deepens Impression

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member
  • YOU WISH THIS SET WAS YOURS......DONT U??
    • http://www.myspace.com/choppinforchrist

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2005, 09:48:34 PM »
1. sweaty sticks! :evil:

2. playing for people who say they are good but are whack! :evil:

3. playing with keyboardist who use the same chords for every song! :evil:

Offline ksmithburner5

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2005, 09:32:30 AM »
bein a drummer for a good while u guys have really come up with all the things we really dont feel when playin.... in the more creative mindset of this generation i think the one thing that really urks me is when the M.O.M asks for suggestions with a musical number we practice it shed over it run it to death in our minds and to our ears... then come time for the gig its like we never even spent 2 n a half hrs getting the groove right with the fills or nothin... that right there bothers me to thee utmost!

the country kits are the worst as well but how bout when u go to a visiting church they have a pretty good setup tuned ok but they have cracked cymbals wit like a istanbul ride cymbal...turn to ya neighbor and say neighbor.......that aint right!    and that would be the day church ran a lil too long you had to run to wendys to make the 3:00 pm church bus ride but they left u, so u had no way of getting into the church to even grab ur resources...... which brings me to my next point

the deacons or trustees not giving you a key to the church... i mean we play for the lord most high but cant come to the church and practice....that aint right!

oh yeah one more thing.... piccolo snare drums are the worst!!

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2005, 10:20:54 AM »
How about this for a country boy kit... a cymbal clamp hooked up to a straight mic stand and they call it a boom stand which has one of them old school cymbals made by Camber. Lord help us. LOL

Ohhh!!! This was really funny. I went to a church and their set didn't even have cymbal stands and this was a big church (could seat 1500+). My boy had to have someone put his crash on a drumstick and hold it in front of him. I still can't find that cymbal stand in the stores LOL.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2005, 11:23:13 AM »
8O That's sad man, no that's pathetic to have somone put a crash on a drumstick. :oops:

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2005, 02:52:17 PM »
YOOOO!!! Fellas the one thing i hate :evil:  is, "When im doing a live session, and they tell me at the last minute that some made up praise and worship team, needs to do "Praise and Worship" and they're band has to play our stuff...... :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :x  :x  :x i dont want to be mean or anything, but its just i take the time tunning my drums to perfection and then someone else has to play them and maybe mess them up! or break something! or adjust them! And you should see those guys they be anxious to play my drums. So thats what i hate about being a drummer.  8) "Rhythm Is Life Yo!"

robdown

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2005, 02:57:55 PM »
LOL  :lol:

that's why i never leave the house without my trusty CB PERCUSSION doo doo tom toms and lackluster CAMBER II (not Camber, Camber II 8O ) cymbals n' hats....pull the switch RIGHT before service starts and you won't have that problem anymo!!!

whoever has to play will just be lookin at you like  8O  8O  8O

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

Need a little help
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »
Wuz up fellas!!! Im thinking about getting another snare (wood) and I wuz wanting to get ya'lls opinion. Thanx :D
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2005, 07:01:52 PM »
sorry I meant to go to new post. My bad :oops:
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2005, 07:29:20 PM »
ya killin the flow dawg. killin it

:D

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2005, 08:18:15 PM »
That's real funny!...........doo doo toms :lol:

Offline scoop

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2005, 08:43:22 AM »
Doo Doo toms :lol: I won't be able to look at a tom now w/o laughing :cry:  :wink:

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2005, 12:00:04 PM »
That's funny and sad at the same time  :lol: . I hope that's not your main set. 8O  :?:  8O  :?:  8O  :?:

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2005, 12:01:17 PM »
...........................DOO DOO TOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

robdown

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2005, 01:55:21 PM »
Quote from: TightHands
That's funny and sad at the same time  :lol: . I hope that's not your main set. 8O  :?:  8O  :?:  8O  :?:

don't hate!!!

Offline kaddw

• LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2005, 03:31:23 PM »
robdown, you nutz. But for me its carriying all that stuff. I am starting to gigs with my snare, hats, and bass drum. Leave all that other stuff at the house, esp. if they aint paying worth nothing.

Offline AMarshall

• LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2005, 05:06:17 PM »
I hate when I'm treated like a second class musician when I get paid for doing gigs. I've played gigs when I've goten a whole lot less than everyone else for NO REASON! I just say praise God any way and go on about my bussiness.

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2005, 05:43:21 PM »
DDDOOO DDDOOO TTTOOOMMMSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Offline thedrummerschoice

• LGM Member

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2005, 07:30:41 PM »
na man yall think yall got it bad imagine being the yopungest person in the band but the only one that really rally practices so er time someone sings a song and somethin goes wrong they look at me like im crazy man... or when the organist is doin all this off the wall stuff and i do my lil roll lol or one of those beats that sound all off beat but fits in i dont know the technical name but yeah i got it from blackwell lol and they look at you like"boy i mean buah! stay in the pocket!!!!!!!!!"

i hate when them people stand up and sing a song and come in early,clap off beat,change keys like 235463456 times,come in late, look at me like im playin the beat wrong when its actually them clappin off beat, and most of all i hate hate hate hate hate hate lol when girls be tryna talk to me after a 766327456345 hour shout session im sweatin like crazy and they always be lookin ripe too man!"hey was your name? you was beatin them drums. how long have you been playin" aaaaaaaaaah man lol i hate that ? how long have you been playin lol there are many more and no im not stuck up but come on i have been to churches where they havein the same old 91 pearl export as me but why does mines look nice and theres is all taped up? lol all you really need is a nice snare(prok pie boy)bass pedal(dw 500ad3 boy!!) and some decent cymbals that dont sound like a peace of medal in a circle lol i still love playin tho i just get frustated wit people at times lol  :roll:

and when they make up songs ooooooooh boy  :evil:  lol god told me! to go to the water god told me to go to the water lol or this one too hahah i can go on for years cuz my church is mixed wit alot of diff people hahaha thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up