LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THING YOU HATE MOST ABOUT PLAYING DRUMS???????  (Read 17446 times)

Offline MMcquittyFan21

• LGM Member

THE THING YOU HATE MOST ABOUT PLAYING DRUMS???????
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2005, 11:34:57 PM »
Hers my thing, i agree with alot of it, but, hers what i say, if you love the talent of gift , which ever you deem necessary, i think if you enjoy the drums,lugging the drums around shouldnt be a hate! you should take what u need , if your not playing but maybe a few songs, like a high hat, bass drum, snare, and maybe a ride, or crash/ride , and a crash, dont take the whole kit, second if you hate lugging around get some drum bags, it will make it alot easier. Me personally i love to tear down and rebuild up my kit if i go to a ministry, because thats what it is...MINISTRY, look @ it like im going to give Christ praise , its not about me. I understand what alot of you mean, im not ignorant to it, but at the same time, thats just apart of drumming, if you hate it so much play bass, or play piano, theres are not as stressful as some of you claim. Some of you play for the wrong reasons, but im not here to judge anyone, i know for me I play for Christ and i find it a joy no matter how i feel.
    But i do relate to alot of you guys here, one thing im facing now is that My pastor looks at me alot and trys to give sign language that im to fast or whatnot, when in reality im on point..
    My NUMBER ONE THING IS THAT I DONT LIKE ARROGANT DRUMMERS, THOSE ARE THE ONES WHO MAY BE 7'0 FEET TALL BUT IN THE EYES OF CHRIST YO KNEES GONE BOW" HUMILITY IS  A SPIRITUAL GIFT.THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST AND THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST... but i didnt come here to preach....im just grieved because we as people not just musicians loose sight of what its all about sometimes...."piece"

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2005, 01:16:28 PM »
i think we all understand that we are ministers, and that carrying our drums is a part of the ministry we do. but that doesn't mean we have to like it. who likes lifting heavy things at midnight after an exhousting service. but we still love doing it so we do...
 for instance:  if you had to run 10 miles every time you were asked to preach, you would do it, do it in love, and love ministering, but that doesn't mean you would love the 10 mile run.
 feel me??
    no body is loosing site of God's great work and ministry... or hwo blessed we are to have the opportunity to do something that we love soooooo much.
 pEAce
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2005, 01:25:12 PM »
i loooooove doing gigs outside, even when it  is cold.- especially because you have to have good sound to do an outside concert, and most of the time that is what i've experienced
  but i don't like doing  a gig outside in the cold and all of a sudden a  leader/ vocalist  in the band wants to do solos even though 1-we've never done them in the group, 2- it is cold  and everyone's muscles are tense , 3-we never talked about it or rehearsed it, 4- we play at warm inside venues all the time.
   sorry... this just happened to me this weekend, and he just haaaad to pick the cold outside gig to do the "SURPRISE YOU ARE SOLOING NOW"!!! thing
   :lol:  it was still fun though
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline Funkaddictus_Groovus

• LGM Member

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2005, 05:33:24 PM »
Ok,it took me a while but here it is:

1.Lugging and tearin' down(i actually enjoy setting up)
2.Having to play on crappy rental or house kits(especially when they come in 22-12-13-16 sizes,hey club owners, not everybody on earth wants to play 80's hair meatl :lol:  :x )
3.plexiglass cages
4.the compliment:"you play very musical-for a drummer..."
5.equipment prices

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2005, 06:43:48 PM »
Quote from: Funkaddictus_Groovus
Ok,it took me a while but here it is:

4.the compliment:"you play very musical-for a drummer..."

Funny what insults pass for compliments these days when the first music instreatment like sound any of us heard was the "Beat of our mother's heart".
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

LilWes

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2005, 06:12:47 PM »
anybody have a choir directors that gives u a song at the last time and expects you to have it by a certain time ????
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up