LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAC vs. PC  (Read 3715 times)

MAC vs. PC
« on: July 25, 2005, 05:35:14 PM »
MAC vs. PC...

Whiach is better for producing music? My cousin used a PC... and it froze up on him alot. My friend uses a Mac... and froze up on him all the time. I use a PC... and it has never froze up. My other friend says I need a Mac because that's what's happening in the Media (music, video, etc.) Industry. What do you guys think????????

Thanks, West

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

MAC vs. PC
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 06:30:26 PM »
Mac.

But I'd wait until next year to buy one, since they're all changing to Intel-based processors. It may be a little cheaper too. I plan to buy a mini next year, and use it in my studio, eventually, I'll switch all my computers to Macs.

PCs suck.

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

for windows you need a stable operating system!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 05:41:44 PM »
...i had windows 98 se....it was horrible.....instead of producing music ...i was producing a blue screen.....so one day my compter just crashed and i asked the teckie what was most stable for what I was doing...he said... windows 2000 professional!....i said insatll it!

it hasnt frozen or crashed yet....I am quite happy

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

MAC vs. PC
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 06:10:43 PM »
p.s.....I was just about to get a mac

Offline JayZee

• LGM Member
    • gospel music train

PC for me....
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 08:00:45 PM »
I personally prefer PC...... I can build a better PC then any Mac on any given day for a better price then the  Mac, hands down.  Mac is used in alot of studios but if you do your homework you'll find that there have been more Grammy awards awarded to producers that aren't even  running software that is compatible to Mac. Pro Tools which is both for PC or Mac is the in thing right now, but in reality its not all about the software that counts its the person that is using the software to make it happen.

God Bless You,
jayzee

www.gospelmusictrain.com/home.php

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

MAC vs. PC
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 09:26:47 PM »
I have to say PC all the way....I have XP Professional and I have no problems...You have to think this way...To have a pretty good stable PC...you need at least 1GB of RAM 1.5 and up Ghz of CPU speed and use that computer ONLY for music...If u add internet on there, u seeking trouble (spyware, viruses etc.)...
MERCY EN!!

Offline bug

• LGM Member
  • Best teacher is one who makes you want to learn.
    • http://Music Services

Mac vs PC
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 09:28:15 PM »
I haven't been to this site in a long time.  I was addicted to it at one time.  I have learned a lot more about technology and only 5 new gospel songs.

The big dogs use the MAC. Pro's who are really in the industry and can afford $5,000 to $10,000 dream machines use the MAC.

I changed churches.  I stopped playing for COGIC and went Missionary Baptist again.

I don't know.  I guess I have a problem, but I like the organ at the other church better, and they don't have anyone to play for them, whereas the COGIC church has another choir and musician the Baptist church lost their musician when her job moved her to Indiana.  So I'm Baptist again!
The greatest mistake most amateur musicians make is giving up.  Don't give up !!!

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Re: Mac vs PC
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 09:30:35 PM »
Quote from: bug
I don't know.  I guess I have a problem, but I like the organ at the other church better, and they don't have anyone to play for them, whereas the COGIC church has another choir and musician the Baptist church lost their musician when her job moved her to Indiana.  So I'm Baptist again!

That is a problem!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Glad to see ya!
MERCY EN!!

Offline musmin7

• LGM Member
  • Minister Burton Pryor
    • Musmin7 youtube page

pc for studio
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 04:54:15 PM »
I have never used mac and I have done quite a bit of recording on pc as well as dedicated digital recorders I currently run win 2000 pro and have had no problems I did have some poblem with 98 secEditon
but none since the  upgrade to 2000
and I agree totally with DD the pc you use should be dedcated to music and music only take away anything you don't need for you music youl'll be much happier.
Walk with the King and be a Blessing
Musmin7

Offline musmin7

• LGM Member
  • Minister Burton Pryor
    • Musmin7 youtube page

baptist or COGIC
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 04:57:17 PM »
HEY BUG,

GLAD YOU'RE BACK IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU ARE BAPTIS OR COGIC WE STILL LOVE YA AS LONG AS YOU'RE STILL A CHILD OF GOD!!!
I SAY GO WHERE YOU'RE NEEDED TO MINISTER.
AND DON'T BE SLOW TO SHARE ALL THAT WISDOM YOU HAVE IT'S BEEN MISSED
Walk with the King and be a Blessing
Musmin7

Offline walterh

• LGM Member

MAC vs. PC
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 07:31:48 PM »
It depends on the software you want to use. Programs Like Motu Digital Perofrmer and logic are mac only. Sonar is PC only. Pro Tools is crossplatform. If you're working with people who use logic and your going to obviously colaborate with them it's important to use a format that works for everyone.

For example I do alot of session and jingle work. The formats i always get are pro tools so i use pro tools.

Offline Miguel1

• LGM Member
    • http://

PC or Mac
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 02:19:21 AM »
I prefer a PC. One that has what you want in it.  I have 2 that I build myself.  Both running AMD XP chips over 1 Ghz with 80 gb of hard space and over 1Gb of ram.  Haven't  had a problem.  Also using Win Xp which is better for the update software that we're using today.  But I also know some brother here in DETROIT that has Mac's and they love it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up