LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What format do you prefer?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline walterh

• LGM Member

What format do you prefer?
« on: August 10, 2005, 11:17:14 PM »
Hello,
What format do you prefer for educational material? DVDs, Books, CD-ROMs? Do many of you read music?

I'm putting some stuff together and would like some input.

thanks

Offline walterh

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 05:06:23 PM »
I almost forgot? What do you think an affordable price would be?

Offline JayZee

• LGM Member
    • gospel music train

Format....
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 05:36:50 PM »
I really enjoy learning from DVDs. I also like to sit at the boards and read music because it seems to really expand my musical vocabulary....

God Bless,
jayzee

www.gospelmusictrain.com

Offline walterh

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 06:34:40 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about putting some instructional material together that will hopefully be a blessing to many in their music ministry. From reading many of the posts and from learning how to play my self there i've found that there isn't a clear and concise method out there that explains in depth many of the techniques needed to play piano or gospel piano and organ for that matter.

Offline JayZee

• LGM Member
    • gospel music train

learning material....
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 01:21:09 AM »
Well if your in the California area and need some help, feel free to let me know. I have have plenty of resources and am always willing to lend a helping hand.

God Bless You,
jayzee

www.gospelmusictrain.com

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 01:57:26 PM »
Quote from: walterh
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about putting some instructional material together that will hopefully be a blessing to many in their music ministry. From reading many of the posts and from learning how to play my self there i've found that there isn't a clear and concise method out there that explains in depth many of the techniques needed to play piano or gospel piano and organ for that matter.

I beg to differ. As an advanced player, in retrospect, I find the problem to be the exact opposite. There's too much material, good material and bad material. Unfortunately, the vast sea of material looks like one giant mess to a beginner. The beginner is left confused as to where to begin, or even worse, left discouraged from beginning at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up