LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for comments from all you SEASONED MOMs......  (Read 1245 times)

Verger1

Looking for comments from all you SEASONED MOMs......
« on: August 15, 2005, 01:22:45 PM »
Here is the situation.   I left a non growing pentecostal church for a baptist church.  Of course the services are quite different.  I love to make a lot of noise in service.    Well.... When I spoke to the church's music commitee they asked me if I knew how to play behind a preacher which of course I do.  I have dont this for over 20 years now.  I have been an expericed MOM for over 14 years and a musican in the church well over 20.   i am not as old you think i am... but I know what i am doing and also very anointed and able to flow under the power of God.  Well.... This church to me seems like they have a problem with letting me do my job.  Just yesterday I had an associate minister tell me the minister staff had a meeting about music and she was my represenative to the minister staff.  I told her the communication is with the MOM and the pastor not the ministers staff.  This lady told me that in this meeting they wanted to choir to sing here and there during the service.  Since when did an associate minister tell a MOM when the choir should and should not sing?  In this church everyone wants to be in charge.   Not only that I havent gotten a thing from the service at all.  its just something i am not used to.   i am a paid MOM and make a lot of money, but at this point I rather not play at all or go somewhere make a little but at least be happy about going to church, happy about the music ministry.  

In addition, the pastor has yet to communicate with me at all.  He has a Dr. in divinity and all this, but stated he has never worked with a MOM before.  he is a new pastor, but to give you a history.  Half of the church left becasue they didnt want him there.  My youth choir got up one sunday and walked out becasue after a church vote they voted him in.  I am not a member of this church at all, but I think i was brought in at the wrong time when they were going though some uncertain times.    Then again, I play more of the youger style of music and the choirs there cant keep up with me becuase i am basically pentecostal.   That in itself is a problem.     Have any of you seen or been though this?  right now I am praying for a church where I can be used to the fullest, but so  discouraged.

yielded

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 09:54:14 PM »
Denominationalism and money aside, what is God telling you to do.  This appears to be a really delicate situation.  God is the only one that can tell you what do especially when there is an issue of pastoral support.  God may have you to remain there to be a standard or He may say leave for whatever reason.  Either way, I encourage you to seek the face of God earnestly and don't fear His instructions.  Remember, the joy of the Lord is your strength.  Pray, Fast & Obey.

Offline key-wiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "KW"
    • http://www.learngospelmusic.com

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 11:02:07 AM »
Hey I'm Experiencing The Same Thing But Yielded Is Right Go To God He Is The Only One That Can Give You The Right Direction :idea:  :!:
Abracadabra!!!! "Key-Wiz" The Magic Of Music

Offline Wash

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:25:53 PM »
I AGREE WITH KEY WIZ AND YIELDED.   LET ONLY GOD MAKE THIS DECISION FOR YOU FOR HE ONLY MAKES THE CORRECT ONE.  I BELIEVE THAT ALL OF US MOMS THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND A LITTLE WHILE HAVE
EXPERIENCED THE SAME SITUATION THAT YOU ARE PRESENTLY GOING THROUGH.   PRAY AND DO NOT LEAN ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING.

I DO HOPE THAT US LGM MEMBERS HAVE GIVEN YOU SOME ENCOURAGEMENT.   GIVE GOD THE GLORY NOT MAN.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 12:50:43 PM »
In my humble opinion, I think that in any setting where there is an exchange of monetary funds for service, their has to be a written contract that states clearly what is expected of both parties.  Every church has a different way of conducting worship and every church has the same problems. ( particulary the music ministry).  I think that is important to consult the pastor on his/her vision of the music ministry and solidify and/or reiterate what the hierarchy is for that particular church.  Communication is key and it will save you years of frustrataion.

Not to get off subject, but I think that anyone that is apart of the music ministry should visit Sister T 's  website and read the material that she has regarding the music ministry. http://www.earnestandroline.com

Verger1

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 02:11:41 PM »
Thanks for your comments.   There is a lot more to this than what I typed.  I didnt feel like typing a book.  Sometimes thats to much to read.   To resond to jones.... We did have a contract, but i wish you could have taken a look at it.  No duties, no responsibilities, no area of authority.  I had to tell them that I was the Minister of Music... isnt that FUNNY.... So there was a contrat, but it was poorly done.  i am praying about the situation, but I am being lead to leave the money and seek a church where the the power of God has free course.   No musican or anyone in the church wants to be in a position where he rather stay home than give GOD his all. If  they are really into the church.  I rather make a little and be happy then make a lot of money and be miserable.....

Offline key-wiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "KW"
    • http://www.learngospelmusic.com

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 04:31:31 PM »
Quote from: Verger1
No musican or anyone in the church wants to be in a position where he rather stay home than give GOD his all. If  they are really into the church.  I rather make a little and be happy then make a lot of money and be miserable.....

All I Can Say Is Amen :wink:
Abracadabra!!!! "Key-Wiz" The Magic Of Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up