LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "Lil" John Roberts clip (audio)  (Read 4382 times)

robdown

"Lil" John Roberts clip (audio)
« on: August 17, 2005, 10:03:24 PM »
http://funkadelph.com/audio/TMJC_TONY_MOORE-Intro-clip-21-141.mp3

this album (tony moore & jc) was recorded last october...i have NO IDEA when it's coming out!! the recording was fire though!

holla...

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 11:30:49 PM »
thats actually my first time hearing him play.

Offline MOEDRUMS

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 12:46:17 AM »
JOHN IS SOOOOOOOOOO SMOOOOTH MANN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CLIP FROM??? DO THEY HAVE A WEBSITE???? I HAVE HEARD SOME OTHER STUFF,AND IT WAS  RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LEMME KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! THANX FOR THE DROP AS WELL!

Offline AMarshall

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 08:08:07 AM »
There's the G.O.A.T. right there MOEDRUMS, ya dig?!

robdown

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 08:16:26 AM »
Quote from: MOEDRUMS
JOHN IS SOOOOOOOOOO SMOOOOTH MANN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CLIP FROM??? DO THEY HAVE A WEBSITE???? I HAVE HEARD SOME OTHER STUFF,AND IT WAS  RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LEMME KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! THANX FOR THE DROP AS WELL!

http://www.funkadelph.com is TMJC's official site. there's a few more clips on there. lil john doesn't have much of a web presence, so it's hard to find info on him...

this man is the reason why cats like spanky, booty, erik tribbett, bfraiser-moore, etc. are so nice. he's probably the most underrated pro drummer out there (as far as mainstream drummers go).

Offline MOEDRUMS

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 12:06:29 PM »
Quote from: robdown
Quote from: MOEDRUMS

http://www.funkadelph.com is TMJC's official site. there's a few more clips on there. lil john doesn't have much of a web presence, so it's hard to find info on him...

this man is the reason why cats like spanky, booty, erik tribbett, bfraiser-moore, etc. are so nice. he's probably the most underrated pro drummer out there (as far as mainstream drummers go).

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS THE REASON WHY MOST OF THESE TRI-STATE CATS ARE WHO THEY ARE,INCLUDING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMING UP IN CHURCH AND GOING TO CONCERTS,HE IS ALL WE HEARD AND HIS COUSIN BRIZZ,MAN I PLAYED THAT CLIP LIKE 50 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALSO PLAY THE GEORGE DUKE,"FACE THE MUSIC" CD ALOT, HE PUTS ON A CLINIC ON THAT CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANX AGAIN FOR THE DROP AGAIN, IMMA CHECK THAT SITE OUT!!!!!

Offline MOEDRUMS

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 12:08:15 PM »
Quote from: AMarshall
There's the G.O.A.T. right there MOEDRUMS, ya dig?!

I DIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 12:52:06 PM »
Amen brothers!!! Haaaaaaallelujah!!! People are finally shining the light on Lil' John. This dude is my favorite all-time drummer. I salivate over his drumming. Robdown, you're absolutely right about his web presence. I've tried everything to find more info on him, no luck. I became a Lil' John fan after Jehovah's Chosen first album... blazin'. I have the Eric Essix album with him on it from like '93 and his playing on that album had me like whoooooaaa!!! And that women's conference he did with Shiela E. Huh!! 'nuff said. Anything he's done with George Duke is awesome. Ya'll should check him out on Rachelle Ferrell's album as well. I don't know the name of that album, but it's the one where she has the short twists in her hair on the album cover.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline MOEDRUMS

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 01:50:14 PM »
WZUP SUGABEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR RIGHT MAN, HE IS NOT MENTIONED AS MUCH AS HE SHOULD BE! WHEN THE JC CD  CAME OUT, I ALREADY KNEW HE WAS BLAZIN, HE DID THE CD RELEASE SERVICE AND KILLED IT! THAT MAN WAS SIGNING AUTO GRAPHS AT THE JOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN  COULPLE YRS B4 THAT CD HE DID THE VELVET ROPE TOUR WITH JANET JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!DID YOU HEAR HIS SOLO ON THAT TOUR??? IF NOT CHECK THAT DVD OUT, IT IS AT MOST BEST BUY STORES, I REALLY DONT LIKE TO COMPARE DRUMMERS,CUSS I DONT THINK IT'S FARE,BUT LOOK AT HIS RESUME COMPARED TO MANY OF THE DRUMMERS MENTIONED ON THIS SITE, NUFFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 03:37:08 PM »
Moedrums you ain't said nothing but a word. I look at that dvd like everyday. That whole band was blazin' and ole' school (I had to throw that in there). I watch it just to study Lil' John's approach to hihat technique... wonderful, not too much and not too little. By the way, how do you all approach hihat grooving. It's something I've always struggled with. I hate the sound of busy hihat work and the emptiness of mundane hihat work. Where is the happy medium? You rarely hear drummers talk about hihat technique. How do you all approach it?

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 03:52:57 PM »
YOOOOOOO!!!! me and john shed together while we're both home, and NO,NO,NO, he's not underated "HE WORKS MORE THAN ANY OTHER CAT IN THE INDUSTRY DOES RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! HE'S NEVER HOME AND, HE'S ALWAYS IN THE STUDIO CUTTIN!" SO! just cause you dont see him on TV does not mean he aint doing his thing "TRUST ME DAT ***** IS ON EVERYBODY'S RECORDS!"  8O and his phone never stops ringing.  And as far as the web presence im hooking him up and showing him how to establish his website sa we speak, because i agree he should have one so im gonna follow after what the bible says and that is to "Be Helpers One To Another!", so sit tight and he'll be here soon.  :wink: And I wasn't going to tell anyone this yet but, i guess i can trust you my fellow drummers! :?  Myself and John will be doing a master class together on gospelchops.com real soon. Im trying  to introduce him to the gospel arena because he asked me too and that's my dawg! so that's whta im attempting to do. And at the same time hook you guys up with the people that i call my friends in this industry. :D  COOL? So sit tight and i'll make it happen Fam! :D .

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 04:37:01 PM »
jhaynes you be doing some serious lookin' out (whooaa ebonics overload). You most definitely need to post here when you two finally do that master class. I loved your master class alone. I can't imagine what it would be like to see you both do one together. Man, I'm... I'm speechless. I'm happier than a hyper white kid at Chuck E. Cheese!!!! For Lil' John to make a web appearance would be near celestial. Looking forward to that website as well. The only thing it would have to consist of is his name and I'll sit and stare at it all day and leave an hour and a half to go practice and check on my peeps here at learngospelmusic.com. Holla!

JFunky

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 04:37:52 PM »
8O  Are you Serious man.  Just when we thought this couldn't get any better.  You and Lil John.  That's cool.  Now see if yall can find my man Derico Watson and Chris Coleman and Brian Frazier Moore to do something with you guys also.  You guys should make a DVD together.  I bet you'll end up on Modern Drummer 06, 07, 08, 09 festivals. :D

robdown

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 10:27:04 PM »
Quote from: jhaynes
YOOOOOOO!!!! me and john shed together while we're both home, and NO,NO,NO, he's not underated "HE WORKS MORE THAN ANY OTHER CAT IN THE INDUSTRY DOES RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! HE'S NEVER HOME AND, HE'S ALWAYS IN THE STUDIO CUTTIN!" SO! just cause you dont see him on TV does not mean he aint doing his thing "TRUST ME DAT ***** IS ON EVERYBODY'S RECORDS!"  8O and his phone never stops ringing.  And as far as the web presence im hooking him up and showing him how to establish his website sa we speak, because i agree he should have one so im gonna follow after what the bible says and that is to "Be Helpers One To Another!", so sit tight and he'll be here soon.  :wink: And I wasn't going to tell anyone this yet but, i guess i can trust you my fellow drummers! :?  Myself and John will be doing a master class together on gospelchops.com real soon. Im trying  to introduce him to the gospel arena because he asked me too and that's my dawg! so that's whta im attempting to do. And at the same time hook you guys up with the people that i call my friends in this industry. :D  COOL? So sit tight and i'll make it happen Fam! :D .

God bless you brotha!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yeah, u can trust us...we'll be waiting  :lol:

Offline AMarshall

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 08:44:21 AM »
That's Crazy!!!!! I know this lady at my church that went to the Brook (Overbrook High School) out here in Philadelphia. John was in my hood instead of the ATL (I think that's where he chills at now)so she was trying bring him over my neck of the woods so I could get some pointers. But it never fell through.......That's OK. He'll be in town again soon so it's all gravy. Not to brag or anything but there are a lot of cat's that say I sound like John like his good man Jethanial Nixon (a bohemoth of a bass player) who I've had the plesure of sheding with. I thought that the good Lord decided to take me home that day. Yo, robdown, you have to tell him my story, man!!!!!!! A meeting with John would boost anybody's playing, like 70%!!!!!!!!!

Offline MOEDRUMS

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 11:55:28 AM »
HEY AMARSHALL,TELL J-NIXON MARK SAID WZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 HE WAS A BEAST WAY BACK IN THE DAY! WE HIT TOGETHER IN PHILLY MANY A WEEKND AND DID SOME R&B GIGS TOGETHER, HE DID THE MUSIQ GIG WITH JOHN SO I YOU PROLLY DO SOUND LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AMarshall

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 12:05:54 PM »
Yo, MOEDRUMS, I watch the clip of John playing on Musiq's website all the time. They were playing that song HALFCRAZY. Those clips are wit Thany but did you ever peep the join when Musiq performed on the Independence Day?! Oh Lord!!!!!! That's when Thaddeus Tribbett was doing the gig. That was just incredible!!!! :lol:

Offline MOEDRUMS

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 03:03:47 PM »
MAN I HAVE ALL THAT STUFF ON DVD AND CD'S FROM PRACTICE! THE LIGHT SKINNED DUDE ON THE KEYBOARDS, THATS MY BOY, HE PLAYS AT MY CHURCH(MONTY) HE IS A BEAST ON THE KEYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE MAKES ME  COPIES OF ALL THAT STUFF, OF COURSE JOHN DOES'NT PLAY ANYMORE,BUT MY OTHER BOY GOT THE GIG, HE IS A BEAST TOO,

Offline AMarshall

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 11:09:48 PM »
YO, MOEDRUMS, we got to hook up whenever your in Phili again man. All these cats that you know, you have to be the sickest :oops: . People keep on telling me that It would be good if I played in a real shed and I know that you know when they be popin' off. Please keep me notified!!!!!! Hook a brotha UP!!!  8O

Offline MOEDRUMS

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 12:42:44 AM »
i am in delaware man, so i am not far from you at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we can shed together and i can call up some cats like brizz and eric, when they are'nt too busy,which they are now travelking,but we still can shed together, i drive too so i can pick you up.................email me drumsrkool@comcast.net, i am like 30 minutes from center city philly
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up