LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Lil" John Roberts clip (audio)  (Read 4383 times)

Offline MasterRhythm

• LGM Member

"Lil" John Roberts clip (audio)
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 12:39:51 PM »
'Lil' Jon is sick... One of my favorites man. I used to check out him and his band The Chronicle at a lil hole in the wall spot called the Yin-Yang Cafe when I lived in ATL. Man dude would pack the spot shoulder to shoulder. You gotta see him at work behind Janet Jackson on that HBO special concert though. Mad groove in the pocket & Chops for days.... He definitely deserves more pub....

Offline InThePocket

• LGM Member
  • "Lord Annoint My Hands To Do Thy Service"

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 07:22:10 PM »
Quote from: jhaynes
YOOOOOOO!!!! me and john shed together while we're both home, and NO,NO,NO, he's not underated "HE WORKS MORE THAN ANY OTHER CAT IN THE INDUSTRY DOES RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! HE'S NEVER HOME AND, HE'S ALWAYS IN THE STUDIO CUTTIN!" SO! just cause you dont see him on TV does not mean he aint doing his thing "TRUST ME DAT ***** IS ON EVERYBODY'S RECORDS!"  8O and his phone never stops ringing.  And as far as the web presence im hooking him up and showing him how to establish his website sa we speak, because i agree he should have one so im gonna follow after what the bible says and that is to "Be Helpers One To Another!", so sit tight and he'll be here soon.  :wink: And I wasn't going to tell anyone this yet but, i guess i can trust you my fellow drummers! :?  Myself and John will be doing a master class together on gospelchops.com real soon. Im trying  to introduce him to the gospel arena because he asked me too and that's my dawg! so that's whta im attempting to do. And at the same time hook you guys up with the people that i call my friends in this industry. :D  COOL? So sit tight and i'll make it happen Fam! :D .

Let him use ya!! 8)

Offline DESQ

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 07:51:03 PM »
Better late than never.  Had to say a few words about this brother.  Lil' John is a mentor to many of the cats on the East Coast, especially those residing in the Philly area.  He's not underrated it's just he's more prominently known in other venues.  Meaning, he's just not a "gospel" drummer per se as most ,if not all, of his gigs are with secular artists, i.e. as previously mentioned Janet, MUSIQ, BONEY JAMES, just to name a few.  In fact, he came up in Philly with Joey DeFrancesco, the great jazz organist.  Thank goodness he has given us "gospelheads" a small taste of his work through the Tony Moore and JC projects.  (please check them out, especially his drum solo on the first project) LOVELY!!

BTW, Lil' John himself was on this site about two months ago. (Let me digress for a minute:  You'll never know who may be watching and viewing our posts...) Additionally, I believe that there is a recent (within the last six months) interview with him in Modern Drummer.  In fact, he may be back in Philly, but I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that tidbit.  

I can not say this enough but Lil' John's playing is phenomenal.  He's downright crazy and one of the best "groovists" and creative drummers out there.  He can play ANY style.  He was doing ALL of the tricks before they became commonplace.  A true master.  HE, Jeff and Gerald are the true legends. Peace!

Offline Drumworkshop

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 10:06:51 PM »
i've know about Lil Jon for years now, what i didn't know was Tony Moore'nem. the clips on the site are tight...especially that "miracle" track. theres nothing like worship 8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up