LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An ALMOST beautiful story of mercy...  (Read 454 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

An ALMOST beautiful story of mercy...
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:51:05 AM »
For those who don't feel like reading it, the short version:  dude comes in to rob a store, store owner pulls out rifle, robber drops to his knees crying, explaining that he was only trying to feed his family.  Store owner makes him promise not to ever rob anyone again, and passes him $40 and some bread, robber says he wants to be converted...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/02/new.york.robber.mercy/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: An ALMOST beautiful story of mercy...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 07:55:15 AM »
Heard about this this morning. Why is it an almost beautiful story?

Does he want to be converted to Islam?  :-\

*just skimmed article*

Oh, yea.  :(
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »
Heard about this this morning. Why is it an almost beautiful story?

Does he want to be converted to Islam?  :-\

It's "almost" beautiful because he became a Muslim, and as you know, there is no other name under heaven whereby men can be saved but Jesus Christ.  (But, I really appreciate that the store owner's light of compassion was shining so brightly that someone else wanted what he had).

I'm not sure I understand the second question. He WAS converted to Islam, according to the story.  :-\
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »
would that this was commonplace in the BoC.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:23:07 AM »
would that this was commonplace in the BoC.

COsign!!!

We gotta do like Matthew 5:17 (??) says and start letting our light shine SO BRIGHTLY that men might see our good works and glorify God...

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:53:11 AM »
I saw this story this morning, it reminded me of the incident in the news last week where a guy came in to the store and pulled out a gun and said, "I'm sorry for what I'm about to do, but I need $40 from the register".  I guess during that exchange he mentioned that he was a diabetic and had to get insulin and didn't know any other way.  The clerk told him that the money in the register was not his to give, but he went in his own pocket and gave the man $40 (idk what it is with that amount, lol).
Pages: [1]   Go Up