LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Service Schedule  (Read 6965 times)

Offline jayhbiz

• LGM Member
  • 'Tha Garden'

Re: Church Service Schedule
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 02:15:02 AM »
Sunday School at 9:30, wrap up at 10:15, pastor gives a short(20-25 min lol!) overview, then we open up with P&W at 10:45, 3-4 songs, end with Yes Lord, pastor or asst. pastor leads prayer then scripture, choir sings 1-2 songs, announcements, choir sings slow song, offering, the Word of God, praise break, pastor talks another 25 minutes, prayer, and benediction. We usually get out around 1 pm. Schedule subject to change if God moves. Some Sundays we can't get through the prayer!

joshuag

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
let me see if i remember the order of service:

Service starts at 10:45am (but due to black folk always late prayer starts at 11:10am) :P

Prayer- 20 to 30 minutes (depending on how late everyone is)(so service really starts at 11:30)

Praise and worship-(well if he is feeling it, he breaks out in some dance moves and stumbles all over the front of the church in the spirit but dont let the music go off he will turn around quickly and frown. If the members are not joining in he sings 2 or 3 songs and sits down)side note: he sings the same 3 or 4 songs every friday and sunday and has been doing that for 4 months.

Offering (can be quick but once again depends on the MC and if they feel like shouting for the next 10 minutes, and talk about people needing to pay tithes and what the Lord did for them this week) :-\

choir sings (1 or 2 slections)

announcements (5 to 10 minutes)
choir again

speaker of the hour (depending on who is speak it can be an hour or more)

altar call (same folks get in line and are slain in the spirit every week)  ::)

remarks (depending on who gives remarks it might be another sermon)

benediction

Offline Lamonte 1990

• LGM Member
  • "God is FIRST; then everything else comes after...
    • New Beginning Church of God In Christ

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 09:28:36 PM »
There's change on what i Last wrote.....

Now we have....

Call to Worship
Invocation/Prayer
Scripture Reading
Choir A Selection
Offering
Choir B selection
Announcements
Remarks
Closing Song/Benediction

YPWW and Testimony Service is at 7:00pm

Offline Lamonte 1990

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
There's change on what i Last wrote.....

Now we have....

Call to Worship
Invocation/Prayer
Scripture Reading
Choir A Selection
Offering
Choir B selection
Announcements
Remarks
Closing Song/Benediction

YPWW and Testimony Service is at 7:00pm

Sunday School is 9:45 am

Morning Worship starts between 11:30am-Noon

We get out by 2:00pm (in time for night service and we have a good time BOTH services..)

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2009, 07:48:47 AM »
It's a trip how one church service can have about 6 bullet points and another has like 15 and both churches get out at the same time...LOL

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »
It's a trip how one church service can have about 6 bullet points and another has like 15 and both churches get out at the same time...LOL

At one of those spots da passa is talkin' WAY too long.

Or, WAY too short.  :-\ :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Tiptip357

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 08:20:57 AM »
^^^^^^^^

Indeed. :D :D :D

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 10:04:30 AM »
At one of those spots da passa is talkin' WAY too long.

Or, WAY too short.  :-\ :D

Right....I'm like negro sit down.  You got your spot later on.  You don't need to take 30 minutes here.

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »
Our Sunday morning and evening services are ordered as such:

Worship (2 or 3 songs)
Greeting (1 song and everyone walks around and greets each other)
Prayer Requests (1 song)
Offering (1 song)
Specials (solos, trio, choir, ensemble, etc)
Preaching (length usually varies, haha)
Altar Call

Morning service starts at 11:00 AM and usually we're dismissed by 12:30 at the latest. Sunday nights start at 6:00 PM and can go on for hours, lol. Sometimes we'll be there for 3 hours. We always let God move in every service but Sunday nights we usually have a lot of specials. We don't always stick to the order of the service. When God starts to move, the program goes out the window. We might sing 5 or 6 songs, you never know.

Tuesday nights start at 7:30 PM and that is our contemporary service run by the youth praise teams. The order of service is the same. Sometimes we won't get out of church until 10:00 on those nights. Like I said, we're not a church run by the clock but rather by the spirit. That's the way it SHOULD be!

Offline Lamonte 1990

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »
Like I said, we're not a church run by the clock but rather by the spirit. That's the way it SHOULD be!

You got it DOC!!!!!!

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 07:20:37 AM »
Why does it seem like the common notion is that if the Holy Spirit shows up then we must throw away order?  Or if the Holy Spirit shows up, He gets rid of the order of service...as if God is not a God of timing and order.  We should all know better than that.  God loves order and timing.  The old testament sanctuary service was a very orderly thing.  God laid out exactly what they were supposed to do and when.  And they didn't have their feasts/celebrations whenever they felt like it.  Nor did they get excited/emotional and decide they were gonna now "get rid of this structure and stop restraining the Spirit" as if the two are mutually exclusive.  Read Lev. 17 and 23 and many other chapters in that book....also the last half of 1 Cor. 14.

Now please don't read what I'm not saying.  I am in no ways saying that it is impossible to feel an unction of the Holy Spirit mid-service and get the heads up to go in a different direction. 

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 07:24:42 AM »
Why does it seem like the common notion is that if the Holy Spirit shows up then we must throw away order?  Or if the Holy Spirit shows up, He gets rid of the order of service...as if God is not a God of timing and order.  We should all know better than that.  God loves order and timing.  The old testament sanctuary service was a very orderly thing.  God laid out exactly what they were supposed to do and when.  And they didn't have their feasts/celebrations whenever they felt like it.  Nor did they get excited/emotional and decide they were gonna now "get rid of this structure and stop restraining the Spirit" as if the two are mutually exclusive.  Read Lev. 17 and 23 and many other chapters in that book....also the last half of 1 Cor. 14.

Now please don't read what I'm not saying.  I am in no ways saying that it is impossible to feel an unction of the Holy Spirit mid-service and get the heads up to go in a different direction. 

(((((YOOOOOOOO!!!! )))))

Why are we SO >>>>>><<<<<<< here wit' it, fmason3?  :o :D

I think folks get that notion from that part of the Bible that talks about the Shekinah Glory coming in such a mighty way that the priests couldn't even preach the Word.  :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline sistagurl

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 08:06:06 AM »

Call to Worship
Prayer
OT Scripture
Glory Patri
NT Scripture
Choir Selection
Altar Call
Choir selection
Sermon
Choir selection
Announcements/Recognition of visitors
Remarks/Benediction

I believe that's about how it goes...

And sometimes it gets changed around. But the prayer is always first.

Offline kingrhollo

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me & The Boyz

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 09:08:58 AM »
I attended a conference a few weeks ago, and the discussion of Church order came up.  And one point (that I agree with) was that your Sunday morning services should be geared towards unbelievers & new converts.  Lengthy services and long Praise & worship may be great for the saints, but if I'm new to church alot of the service is Greek to me.  Saints should have praised and felt the Spirit all day long.  And you can also turn your mid-week service into a service geared towards the saints. Oh and our service order is:

Begins @ 10:45am
Devotion - 5-10 min
Praise & Worship -10 min
Offeratory Appeal & Prayer - 5 min
Profession by Faith - 2 min
Alter Call - 5-10 min
Offering - 5 min (depends on amount of people there)
Music Ministry - 10 min
Sermon - 30 -45 min
End with greeting Visitors and music
My Greatest Dreams Don't Compare To God's Plans For Me

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »
I attended a conference a few weeks ago, and the discussion of Church order came up.  And one point (that I agree with) was that your Sunday morning services should be geared towards unbelievers & new converts.  Lengthy services and long Praise & worship may be great for the saints, but if I'm new to church alot of the service is Greek to me.  Saints should have praised and felt the Spirit all day long.  And you can also turn your mid-week service into a service geared towards the saints. Oh and our service order is:

I agree.  Lots of people are turned off by a lot of protocol, too.  I think if the Spirit is moving, the unbeliever will be drawn to that, at least that's my experience.  But a lot of flesh on parade for tradition's sake, or because it just feels good, tends to leave out those who we invite to our service who aren't hip to all of it.

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2009, 12:49:37 PM »
Why are we SO >>>>>><<<<<<< here wit' it, fmason3?  :o :D

I think folks get that notion from that part of the Bible that talks about the Shekinah Glory coming in such a mighty way that the priests couldn't even preach the Word.  :-\

LOL We are are not as >>>>><<<<< as you think man. 

I'm very familiar with that part of the bible.  2 Chronicles 5

I just don't agree with that being the only or main way people feel the Holy Spirit "showed up and showed out."  The Holy Spirit has more than job/function. John 16:7, 8.  What purpose does it serve if service was "high" and people were all over the place and they went home unchanged?  But suppose service went by it's order and at the invitation, the Holy Spirit pricked people's hearts and lead them to repentance and to give their lives to Jesus.  Which one did the Holy Spirit really show up to?

I'm just saying all of this to say that we shouldn't look for outward signs as the evidence of the Holy Spirit.  In Rev. 16:14, we are told that spirits of devils will work miracles and in Rev. 13:13, the second beast will do great wonders and miracles and make it seem that he is calling down fire from heaven.  We won't always be able to believe what we see or feel or "experience."  We walk by faith not by sight. 2 Cor. 5:7

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »
LOL We are are not as >>>>><<<<< as you think man. 

I'm very familiar with that part of the bible.  2 Chronicles 5

I just don't agree with that being the only or main way people feel the Holy Spirit "showed up and showed out."  The Holy Spirit has more than job/function. John 16:7, 8.  What purpose does it serve if service was "high" and people were all over the place and they went home unchanged?  But suppose service went by it's order and at the invitation, the Holy Spirit pricked people's hearts and lead them to repentance and to give their lives to Jesus.  Which one did the Holy Spirit really show up to?

I'm just saying all of this to say that we shouldn't look for outward signs as the evidence of the Holy Spirit.  In Rev. 16:14, we are told that spirits of devils will work miracles and in Rev. 13:13, the second beast will do great wonders and miracles and make it seem that he is calling down fire from heaven.  We won't always be able to believe what we see or feel or "experience."  We walk by faith not by sight. 2 Cor. 5:7

Actually, I think we're more >>>>>>><<<<<< than YOU think. I completely agree with your post.  ;) 8)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »
I'm just saying all of this to say that we shouldn't look for outward signs as the evidence of the Holy Spirit. 

Interesting!

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2009, 04:13:50 PM »
Actually, I think we're more >>>>>>><<<<<< than YOU think. I completely agree with your post.  ;) 8)

Then I guess I don't know what YOU mean by >>>>>><<<<<<  :D

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »
Then I guess I don't know what YOU mean by >>>>>><<<<<<  :D

In innanet lingo it means we see eye to eye.  8)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up