LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pics of my Pearl kit.  (Read 2675 times)

JFunky

Pics of my Pearl kit.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 07:26:09 PM »
Quote from: CarlosVegaJunior
JFunky, i have a Pearl BRX (meaning its 100% all birch shells)

Yeah I'm very familiar with the BRX Series.  When I was 18 I wanted to get a BRX just because Marvin McQuitty used that kit.  I drooled when I first saw it at Sam Ashe.  Now what's funny is that I've been wanting a Yamaha Birch Custom and that's what he's using also.  Well, he upgraded to a Beech kit now but I still want a Birch.  I'm a Marvin fan Fo' Life.  Nice kit though. Play on Playa. 8)

Eccentric-Rhythm

Pics of my Pearl kit.
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 11:08:04 PM »
Eccentric-Rhythm: WOW, i cant believe someone actuially noticed my nationality. Well, actually i am half puerto rican and mexican BUT born in Los Angeles. Yup. Im all messed up bro. A real mut. Oh, and i try to play like a brotha.lol.

I noticed because I am Also all mixed. British, Irish, Scottish, German, Spanish, French, Danish & Welsch. Yes all of them!!!! I got my Rhythm from my Mom & Grandma who grew up with churches in Compton. My Grandma was the Piano player, and I learned how to play with her...Some people get shocked when they see this "white boy" get down on the drums....What can I say but Thank God for giving me Rhythm!!

Offline CarlosVegaJunior

• LGM Member
  • Carlos Vega Jr.
    • www.EPOCAMUSIC.com

Pics of my Pearl kit.
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 01:57:50 AM »
Quote from: Eccentric-Rhythm
Eccentric-Rhythm: WOW, i cant believe someone actuially noticed my nationality. Well, actually i am half puerto rican and mexican BUT born in Los Angeles. Yup. Im all messed up bro. A real mut. Oh, and i try to play like a brotha.lol.

I noticed because I am Also all mixed. British, Irish, Scottish, German, Spanish, French, Danish & Welsch. Yes all of them!!!! I got my Rhythm from my Mom & Grandma who grew up with churches in Compton. My Grandma was the Piano player, and I learned how to play with her...Some people get shocked when they see this "white boy" get down on the drums....What can I say but Thank God for giving me Rhythm!!

haha! Funny. White boy. lol.

Well, im also a PK and my parents pastor a church in South Central too. 98 and Avalon to be exact.
me: myspace.com/scionevolution
my band: myspace.com/epoca
my videos: youtube.com/nerdbox

Eccentric-Rhythm

Pics of my Pearl kit.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 04:30:02 PM »
Carlos...Do you like your Masters kit? Do you like the response of Birch? Any complaints or recommendations? How do you feel about the Reference kit?

Thanks.

God Bless...

Offline CarlosVegaJunior

• LGM Member
  • Carlos Vega Jr.
    • www.EPOCAMUSIC.com

Pics of my Pearl kit.
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 07:34:39 PM »
Quote from: Eccentric-Rhythm
Carlos...Do you like your Masters kit? Do you like the response of Birch? Any complaints or recommendations? How do you feel about the Reference kit?

Thanks.

God Bless...

I am in love with my kit. It is still pretty new. I think i have only had it for about 6 months. I was actually gonna try and get one at the namm show but got an even better deal with my boy GLENN from west la music. He helps us out alot (church).

I really have nothing to complain about. hardware is amazing.
Virgin kick, awesome punch.
The birch sounds amazing. Its the EQ'ed wood. So they say..

But, i am still trying to get a 8 inch in the same finish. Even if i have to sell my 12 inch tom.  But they are great drums.

Refrence series is sick too. The hardware on shells is more advance. They actually sorta swivel for a nice setting drum head application. But i still love my brx yo!
me: myspace.com/scionevolution
my band: myspace.com/epoca
my videos: youtube.com/nerdbox
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up