What has better sound?

Grand Piano
2 (22.2%)
Electric Keyboard
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: September 12, 2005, 05:21:26 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What number do you guys like to use when playing the KBoard?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline TheKeyBoardPlayer_E16

• LGM Member
    • http://

What number do you guys like to use when playing the KBoard?
« on: September 02, 2005, 05:21:26 PM »
:arrow: I know some people like to play the grand piano on the keyboard, at all times. But to me, I think you have to be creative. For example, on my keyboard (PORTABLE GRAND *YAMAHA DGX-505),I like to use number 010 COOL! SUITCASE EP .<- That has the best sound and alot of keyboardist use it when playing the Blues but it also sounds good when playing Gospel and Classical of any other kind of music.So what number do you guys like to play on the keyboard?? Trumpet?Saxophone?APPLAUSE?(JOKING ABOUT APPLAUSE)I know in some cases,when you dont have a good keyboard,every sound will sound terrible.. i have had experience with that.

Offline Dooley

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 02:36:37 PM »
I have a roland xp-60 and i like to midi that to an 88 key keyboard and use my electric grand...just like wendell lowe used on the old ricky dillard cd's
**From the desk of "Professor Terrence J. Dooley"

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 04:32:46 PM »
My favorite is the Rhodes/Wurlitzer EP sounds, but I choose the sound based on the song. If it calls for an acoustic sound then I'll use it. If I need a guitar, and Uriah isn't around :wink: , then I'll have to play guitar on the keys...UGH.

My Kurzweil KME61, sounds fabulous when I plug it in my leslie simulator, especially on chorus! Once you try that, you'll never want to play an EP sound without it!  :D

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 06:59:03 PM »
B3, I never heard of that keyboard you have I bet it costs alot right?? Im gonna see if I can find pictures of it ...

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 07:29:19 PM »
Nope. It's about 600 dollars. The sounds on it are really good, especially the EPs. Plus you can do a lot with it, like layering. You can define the keyrange for each layer, so you can have as many sounds as you like playing at one time....but there is a 32 note polyphony limit.

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 07:47:04 PM »
Quote from: B3Wannabe
Nope. It's about 600 dollars. The sounds on it are really good, especially the EPs. Plus you can do a lot with it, like layering. You can define the keyrange for each layer, so you can have as many sounds as you like playing at one time....but there is a 32 note polyphony limit.

Thats cool, my keyboard was alittle less $500 , so I dont think it can do all that. Maybe I should take a look at the owners manual, something I dont do. Lol

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 08:05:52 PM »
Yea. I was amazed when I saw how much it could do, but anyway. I don't want to hijack this thread with posts about the KME61.

I'll just say if you play rhodes/wurly, you HAVE to use a leslie! It's unbelievable.

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 09:35:01 PM »
I play the kme61 keyboard.It has a lot of nice sounds.
Shannon moore
Pages: [1]   Go Up