LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I like this Guitar  (Read 1208 times)

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

I like this Guitar
« on: October 07, 2005, 05:26:58 AM »
Hey, I'm a bass player, i love the bass. But I do like guitar and I found one that fits my odd shaped hands they are very wide and some what short (fingers) and a lil hard to bend to play chords I sometimes have a hard time playing chords on bass. but I tried this guitar at a local music store and it felt great, sounds good  and even looks good best of all it's in my price range. What are The Guitar players' opinion of this guitar.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU340100

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

I like this Guitar
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 07:08:56 AM »
Squier brand has improved a little over the years. There's even some cases where you can get a better Squier for a price that's equal to a low-end Fender.

Sounds like all the ingredients are there for you to get this guitar: price, sound, playablility.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline elio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

I like this Guitar
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 09:03:45 AM »
Squiers can sound good, the one thing that lets them down at times can be the manufacturing quality - in particular the mechanics. But you sound like you are 'feeling' it ("felt great, sounds good and even looks good") and that's the most important thing of all - go ahead and buy it!

Offline LostBoy

• LGM Member

I like this Guitar
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 09:17:09 AM »
Absolute agreement here with elio. It sounds as if you're really digging this guitar. That's what really matters, especially if you've tried others and have had trouble playing them like you said. This sounds like the perfect guitar for you.

One piece of advise though. Buy the one in the music store. You've played it and like it. No two guitars are the same even if they're the same.  (Now how's that for confusing?)  This is especially true of the entry-level instruments. Some are surprisingly well made. Others leave a lot to be desired.

For a project I worked on recently I found myself needing a Telecaster.  Knowing it was a guitar I wouldn't use a lot, I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg so I looked at Mexican Telecasters at Guitar Center. I played several even some that were the same color, model, etc as the one I ended up purchasing, but the one I purchased was a much better guitar than the others. I even got a few other people to try out the "final three" in a blind taste test  :lol: and tell me which they thought was a better guitar. Everyone of them agreed the one I ended up buying was a much better instrument than the others that looked just like it. So if you know you like that particular guitar and it fit you better than any other you've tried, I'd buy THAT guitar even if I found a better price online.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

I like this Guitar
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 02:50:19 PM »
Squiers have certainly improved over the years.  The Tele that you're looking at is part of the Master Series which also includes a re-issue of the Espirit from the 80's.  Even thier Standard line of guitars seem to be pretty good instruments for the money and make great platforms for upgrades.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom
Pages: [1]   Go Up