LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voicings Chords.  (Read 1385 times)

Offline walterh

• LGM Member

Voicings Chords.
« on: September 15, 2005, 10:41:46 PM »
Hello,
I am a keybaord player and often get asked by guitar players how to voice chords.

How many inversions can you voice a CMA7 for example with the same voicing leading note and with different voicie leading tones.

Just curious.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Voicings Chords.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 12:26:06 AM »
8 or 9 depending on how high of a register you want me to play...maybe 10 if I mush my fingers together.  :lol:
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

something I posted before..hope it helps
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 05:57:29 AM »
variations on Amajor!

this video will show many ways of playing pretty much the same chord so you can make the music more interesting....next time you play a major chord just subtitute it with any of these chords....and watch folks go ...ooooh ahhhh

these chords should be used in place of a any song that uses a major 7th in its scale...not a dominant 7!

Offline mt_spiffy

• LGM Member
    • http://www.itsmyurls.com/dspiffy

Voicings Chords.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 04:46:27 PM »
I'm not sure if this relates to the questions you are asked or not . . . but I will  go out on a limb and make an assumption.

The guitar does not always have to mimick what the keyboard is playing, in fact, more often than not it doesnt.  The guitar does not have to play the same chords or even chords at all.  Single note rhythm parts are common in gospel music, as are octaves.  

So if the guitar players are asking you different ways to play chords so that they can match what you are playing . . . tell them to try something different! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up