LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Laurel/Drum City drums......  (Read 572 times)

Offline mrwhite

• LGM Member

Question about Laurel/Drum City drums......
« on: September 17, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »
Hey y'all, don't laugh at my question.  I have a cheap set by Laurel/Drum City.  I know most of y'all have been blessed to move on to name brand equipment, but I'm not there yet and I know y'all same ones started with something!!!   :o  If y'all have heard of this set or have owned it at one time, or if y'all can just help me out, let me know.  I'm having a problem with the tom mount arms moving around.  how do you fix that, besides buying another set (of course)?   :)

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: Question about Laurel/Drum City drums......
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 01:09:59 PM »
Quote from: mrwhite
Hey y'all, don't laugh at my question.  I have a cheap set by Laurel/Drum City.  I know most of y'all have been blessed to move on to name brand equipment, but I'm not there yet and I know y'all same ones started with something!!!   :o  If y'all have heard of this set or have owned it at one time, or if y'all can just help me out, let me know.  I'm having a problem with the tom mount arms moving around.  how do you fix that, besides buying another set (of course)?   :)

Not familiar with that brand. However, drums sets these days use 1 of 3 styles of tom mounts:

Either Pearl ratchet type, Yamaha ball type straight peg , or Tama/DW style ball and L-rod. You can replace those most times using generic copies made by Gibralter (http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/index.cfm?fa=partsmain&curcat=2&bnd=11&cid=104&sid=467&pid=1595) . They carry all those styles.  Just use the search critiria on the link to find the one you need. I sugges taking you tom to the store to purchase the correct size you need or to order it. THey should have the Gibralter catalog there.

I suggest replacing it rather than trying to do a make shift repair because they only tend to get worse.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up