LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bobby Jarzombek!!!  (Read 846 times)

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

Bobby Jarzombek!!!
« on: September 22, 2005, 11:44:51 AM »

Eccentric-Rhythm

Bobby Jarzombek!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 02:48:12 PM »
Absolutely Incredible!!! I just wish that the whole clip would load on my machine...I am only getting about a 1/4 of it. He is amazing.

God Bless.

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

Bobby Jarzombek!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 02:54:14 PM »
He's got amazing chops on the kick drum. I like the cymbals behind the head. I've never seen that. I guess this style is the opposite of what many would refer to as "the pocket." There's definitely something to be learned from his chops though.

Offline Zildjiankid

• LGM Member
  • Eh Yo You!

Bobby Jarzombek!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 07:59:58 PM »
I ain't gonna lie, them rock drummers bass drums be soundin' tight to me. Especially ya boy Mike Portnoy's bass drums. I wish I knew how they make them sound like that. ZK

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Bobby Jarzombek!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 08:07:42 PM »
Bobby has great chops. He is a monster rock/prog rock player.

He explains thing fairly well too. I just wish he was more exciting in his verbal presentation.

John Black has a china behind his head. Many players have had cymbals behind them in rock. It is just not the norm in other genres.

Pocket exists in every form of music it just feels different. Symphonic and Orchestra players have some of the tightest "pockets" ever (pocket meaning time). Every music grooves in a certain way the more it grooves the more able we are to dance to it is. We have to rember that there are different kinds of dances that we may not have experience. This causes us to sometimes miss the groove in a piece of music.

Groove and Pocket are actually 2 different things. A lot of times we cross them up. Groove is kinda the rhythmic comfort zone and pocket is the timing that the groove centers around and the consistency of that timing.

This is how Thomas Lang is able to make his double-bass stuff groove so much and Vinnie is able to make his odd time signatures groove like they do. Pocket is time. Groove is musicality. When you put thenm together then you have got a hit song/track (if the lyrics are any good of course).
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up