LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cymbals?  (Read 1671 times)

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

Cymbals?
« on: September 22, 2005, 11:37:17 AM »
What kinda cymbals do yal usually play with???? At the church i play at on Sunday i play with Sabians and on Saturdays i play with Pastie

Eccentric-Rhythm

Cymbals?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 12:56:06 PM »
I am a ZILDJIAN man. Zildjian all the way. A's & K's.

God Bless.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Cymbals?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 07:31:44 PM »
Sabian AA, AAX and HHX Evolutions
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline MMcquittyFan21

• LGM Member

Cymbals?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 11:46:05 PM »
zildjian K custom , sabian, cb....

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

Re: Cymbals?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 01:07:14 AM »
Quote from: young_drumz
What kinda cymbals do yal usually play with???? At the church i play at on Sunday i play with Sabians and on Saturdays i play with Pastie

Which models in the Zildjian and Paiste line do you play with. The model is what makes a difference. B8s don't compare to HHXs or the like nor do PSTs or Alpha to Signatures or Dark Energy models.

In order to be educational here let's talk sizes, models and sounds. Cymbals and snare drum sounds are a drumset player's signature.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Eccentric-Rhythm

Cymbals?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 09:49:17 AM »
Hey Sabian, This is gonna be a tough question....
You know I am a Zildjian man...and I dont know if I will change, BUT, if you had to pick one SABIAN cymbal that was just absolutely on, which would it be? What line? What size? That way, when I go to the music store tomorrow, I can look for it, and see how it sounds compared to what I enjoy playing on. I tend to use a lot of cymbals and I really love a quick decay. It doesnt matter if its soft, loud, crashing or thunderous, as long as when I finish hitting it....its done. Thats what I like.

Offline soulnomad

• LGM Member
  • * Learning from your own creative mistakes creates
    • www.theobrownsoulnomad.net

cymbals
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 10:02:40 AM »
Zildjian primarily with a few sabians in the mix.
"Uptown" Theo Brown aka "The Silent Assassin"

Offline drumology

• LGM Member
    • http://

Cymbals?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 10:42:08 AM »
Sabian AAX and for my cymbalsand my china wuhan 16"
And I love them.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Cymbals?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 11:08:38 AM »
Quote from: Eccentric-Rhythm
You know I am a Zildjian man...and I dont know if I will change, BUT, if you had to pick one SABIAN cymbal that was just absolutely on, which would it be? What line? What size? That way, when I go to the music store tomorrow, I can look for it, and see how it sounds compared to what I enjoy playing on. I tend to use a lot of cymbals and I really love a quick decay. It doesnt matter if its soft, loud, crashing or thunderous, as long as when I finish hitting it....its done. Thats what I like.

This was not to me but Im also a SABIAN player, Id say check out the Dave Weckl line called HHX Evolution. These are the nicest Cym`s you will ever hear, I dont like the ride tho.

It really depends on your price range.... :wink:
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

Re: Cymbals?
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 11:17:01 AM »
Quote from: SabianKnight
Quote from: young_drumz

Which models in the Zildjian and Paiste line do you play with. The model is what makes a difference. B8s don't compare to HHXs or the like nor do PSTs or Alpha to Signatures or Dark Energy models.

In order to be educational here let's talk sizes, models and sounds. Cymbals and snare drum sounds are a drumset player's signature.

I usually play with Sabian B8's but when we have a concert on sundays i play with Sabian AAX

j_kay

Cymbals?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 11:17:07 AM »

I doubt that they would have this model in stock, but I would say to check out the Sound Control models (HH or AA).

Eccentric-Rhythm

Cymbals?
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »
Thanks J_kay.

j_kay

Cymbals?
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 11:23:03 AM »
No problem.  You may listen to them at the following URL:  http://www.sabian.com/english/webmayhem/soundcheck.cfm

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member

Cymbals?
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 02:24:33 PM »
Quote from: j_kay

I doubt that they would have this model in stock, but I would say to check out the Sound Control models (HH or AA).

I agree with J_Kay on that  Eccentric-Rhythm. The Vault series has a short sustain as well. You may also try the Studio types of any of the models particularly the AAX and regular HHX (not the HHX Evolution). These models have a short sustain. The Hand Hammered Fast Crashes may be and option as well.

The thing is Sabian are kinda known for their sustain is just that the sustain doesn't get in the way. You can see that with the guys that play them that are big sessions and rnb players whom don't need a lot of sustain: Steve Ferrone, Lil John Roberts, Erik Tribbett, Brian Frasier Moore

Eccentric-Rhythm

Cymbals?
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 04:37:22 PM »
Quote from: SabianKnight
Quote from: j_kay

I agree with J_Kay on that  Eccentric-Rhythm. The Vault series has a short sustain as well. You may also try the Studio types of any of the models particularly the AAX and regular HHX (not the HHX Evolution). These models have a short sustain. The Hand Hammered Fast Crashes may be and option as well.

The thing is Sabian are kinda known for their sustain is just that the sustain doesn't get in the way. You can see that with the guys that play them that are big sessions and rnb players whom don't need a lot of sustain: Steve Ferrone, Lil John Roberts, Erik Tribbett, Brian Frasier Moore

Cool. THanks. I will check them out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up