LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Very Mellow Talk Music Chords - *NEW SOUND FILES ADDED*  (Read 21107 times)

DaNatiMaestro

Very Mellow Talk Music Chords - *NEW SOUND FILES ADDED*
« on: September 24, 2005, 03:50:40 AM »
Updates are in bold

I know it's tough to interpret chords that people post online because you don't know the timing or rhythm used nor do you know how the person played it in terms of style and feel.

Years ago, I said when I was blessed with the equipment I would post chords accompanied with sound files of me actually playing the chords so that people no longer needed to guess when they are playing the chords that I posted...

Well that time is FINALLY here.. God's blessed me with a new keyboard so I am able to finally make some decent sound files of myself playing the keyboard.  I want to eventually be able to make MIDI files but for now MP3s will have to do.  Plus if you follow along with the chords that I've already posted, you should be fine!!

I can't sleep so I thought I'd post some talk music chords.. I still can't sleep so I made MP3s to go along with each chord pattern

Play these slow and mellow.. timing is up to you.. I guess these could be classified as Neo-Soulish.. I don't really know I just think these progressions sound really good.  The timing is still up to you though, the sound files should really be used as a starting point to see how you can apply these chords.

I like Major 7th chords and altered dominant 7th chords.. you'll see a bunch of these.. and I like to use full two hand chords..

so lets get started..

Pattern 1
LH/RH
CGBb/DEbFBb
DF#/CFAC
EbBbC/DFGBbD
DbFB/EbGBbEb

Pattern 1 - Click Here

Repeat Pattern 1 as much as you want then to change up after the Eb chord in pattern 1 go to this

Pattern 2
F#C/FBbCF
GD/FABbD
AE/GCEG
BF#/DF#A
BbAb/DGBD
EbBb/DFGBbC

Pattern 2 - Click Here

Repeat Pattern 2 as much as you want then to change up after the 1st chord F#C/FBbCF in Pattern 2 go to this

Pattern 3
GD/ABDF#,D
CG/DEGB,G
EA/BDF#A,F#
CG/BDEG,E

Pattern 3 - Click Here
I apologize for the horrible attempt to loop what I had played.  I guess I'll get better as I do this!

Repeart Pattern 3 as much as you want then to change up after the last chord in Pattern 3 go to this

Pattern 4
CGB/DGBD
DAD/EF#AD
EAB/DF#AD
F#C#/ABE,F#
AbEbGb/BbBEb
FB/EG#B

Pattern 4 - Click Here

Repeat Pattern 4 as much as you want then to reset this all over again play FB/EbGBb after the last chord in Pattern 4 then start back at Pattern 1

You could repeat these 4 patterns as much as you want.. or you could take everything up a 1/2 step and start again in another key it's up to you!

And trust me these chords sound very lush, mellow!!

This is my first real time trying to record myself playing so I know there are some mistakes but hopefully you can hear how these chords are applied within a groove or used for Talk Music

Let me know what you think!! Any feedback is welcomed!!

There are some tritone used throughout these patterns and Major 7th chords galore!! Would anybody be interested in the theory? Or better yet, anybody wanna take a crack at posting the theory behind these progressions? It'd be good practice!!

DaNatiMaestro

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:56:29 PM »
BUMPed for SHORTHAND

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:09:44 PM »
*Fixed that last chord for you*

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 06:18:07 PM »
Thanks!  I know they're good, I just have to wait 'til I get home to try them.  You should see me tryin' to 'air' play them at my desk, LOL!!

DaNatiMaestro

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 03:11:24 PM »
B3WannaBe - Thanks for the update!  Definitely makes for an easier read.

Nessalynn77 - Let me know how it goes for you!!

Offline healingtears

• LGM Member
    • http://www.geocities.com/chosenby_him/chosen.htm

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 04:59:40 PM »
DaNati... You from Cincinnati??

DaNatiMaestro

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 02:26:32 PM »
Quote from: healingtears
DaNati... You from Cincinnati??

Yes.. I'm born and raised in Cincinnati.
I'm currently living in the Nati as well!!

Offline beantownborn

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 09:23:57 PM »
Thanks for the chords!! I'll try them when I pull my keyboard out. Nessalynn477, I hear about trying to air play at your desk!  I wish there a keyboard small enough to tuck in a drawer and pull like your computer keyboard. That would be real nice!  Actually, I heat they (Yamaha?) are in the process of making a keyboard you can roll up like a blanket.  Crazy, right? But true.

DaNatiMaestro

Sound Files for the Fam!!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 04:42:10 AM »
BUMPED b/c of the new sound files added for these chords!!

Check em out so you'll know how these chords sounded when I played them!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 07:29:41 AM »
Sweet!

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 09:54:05 AM »
That was hot doc!
MERCY EN!!

Offline Val215

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Virtuously Gifted

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 11:00:53 AM »
Quote from: beantownborn
Thanks for the chords!! I'll try them when I pull my keyboard out. Nessalynn477, I hear about trying to air play at your desk!  I wish there a keyboard small enough to tuck in a drawer and pull like your computer keyboard. That would be real nice!  Actually, I heat they (Yamaha?) are in the process of making a keyboard you can roll up like a blanket.  Crazy, right? But true.

Actually, I've seen one in a catalog...I think it was FingerHut. It might be a little kiddy one but hey i think it would work in Nessalynn's case :lol:

Thanks D for the chords that was too cool  8)
Check me out on Facebook at Virtuously Gifted and on Instagram at virtuouslygifted_215

Offline jehovahpraize

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 01:56:37 PM »
Thanks for the progression.

They are nice.    When I play them I get more of a "NEW AGE" SOUND.  Yanni, John Tesh, etc.  I use/still do play alot of the  NEW AGE sound.

Keep up the good work.

Be Blessed.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KINGDOM

DaNatiMaestro

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 02:10:32 PM »
Thanks everybody for you feedback so far!!

NEW AGE huh.. I've never been describe as that but I can definitely take that as a compliment.  I like all styles and good music is good music!!

Thanks again and keep that feedback coming!!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 02:42:24 PM »
Quote from: Val215
Quote from: beantownborn

Actually, I've seen one in a catalog...I think it was FingerHut. It might be a little kiddy one but hey i think it would work in Nessalynn's case :lol:

Thanks D for the chords that was too cool  8)

I just so happened to be watching Star Trek: The Next Generation yesterday, and I saw that very type of roll-up keyboard. It was hot!! I think it had a least two and a half octaves on it.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

EprimeMan

Sound Files
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 06:15:41 AM »
Thanks again for the chords and the sound files
John E Davis
Aka 'EprimeMan"

Offline Mandella_Luv06

• LGM Member
  • ~*My first love*~

Re: Very Mellow Talk Music Chords - *NEW SOUND FILES ADDED*
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 08:47:51 PM »
um....im kinda new to this, so i dont know what to expect on her. Um...when i click on the link, what is the mp3 supposed to open in? When i clicked the link, nothing happened. Help me plz...Thanx
~*Class of 2006...da crunkest of them all!*~

Offline truth4life

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »
I don't want to seem stupid, lol, but what key are these in?  I have been trying to guess, but I want to make sure I'm right.

Offline truth4life

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
i'm interrested in the theory of these chords.  What are the chord names and what key is it in?  These are awesome sounding, thanks for taking the time to play them and post them for all of us to enjoy!  oh and Mandella_Luv06, when I clicked on the link a box came up and asked if I wanted to save or open the file.

DaNatiMaestro

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 11:05:40 PM »
i'm interrested in the theory of these chords.  What are the chord names and what key is it in?  These are awesome sounding, thanks for taking the time to play them and post them for all of us to enjoy!  oh and Mandella_Luv06, when I clicked on the link a box came up and asked if I wanted to save or open the file.

WOW.. Praise God for the response that this has gotten.  I will post the theory and key behind these chords later this evening on this thread!

I thank God for the Internet and using LGM as a bridge for us musicians to connect, share and grow!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up