LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WORSHIP CHORDS IN "Db"  (Read 4098 times)

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

WORSHIP CHORDS IN "Db"
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 09:10:29 PM »
Then the key will be..."any key"
MERCY EN!!

JoyCH

Re: worship in Db
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2005, 11:59:46 PM »
Quote from: cmeredith24
Praise him from whom all blessings flow! I just wanna say thank you for all you do for God's people. This is a very nice and soothing. I appreciate it thanks again! And be not weary in well doing, for ye shall reap if you faint not. camlam1@hotmail.com

Glad everyone was blessed. But it was actually all dd's (my boo boo) doing.  :D    I just posted it.

Thank dd, it wonderful and its mine.   :D  

Joy

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

Re: Now...
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 01:16:44 PM »
Quote from: 4hisglory
Actually, now that I am actually sitting down at my board trying to play the progression, I am not even sure if that progression can be considered in Db, because it is coooonstantly changing keys.

I don't agree with that statement.

4hisglory, your explanation above about tritone substitution places this progression squarely within Db. To me, a key change is more obvious. For example, listen to "Ribbon in the Sky", which obviously changes keys twice from Db to D to Eb. One can definitely hear the key change in that song. However, I don't feel like the posted progression has an abrupt key change. Further, it’s OK to play some chords that don’t belong. The spice is what makes music interesting.

This is just my opinion. I may be wrong.

JoyCH

WORSHIP CHORDS IN "Db"
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 08:09:31 PM »
That's what makes it ssssoooooooo good.  :D

Joy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up