LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: which are the best hi-hats?  (Read 11689 times)

Offline MasterRhythm

  • LGM Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 53

which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 01:23:23 AM »
I'll take the offset sized MasterSounds. Crisp, bright & thin... Can't stand that metallic ping sound on my hats.

Eccentric-Rhythm

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 08:44:34 AM »
Quote from: MasterRhythm
I'll take the offset sized MasterSounds. Crisp, bright & thin... Can't stand that metallic ping sound on my hats.


Which Offset Mastersounds are you referring to? I am not familiar with that...Please explain.

God Bless.

j_kay

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 08:54:29 AM »
*lol*  

I was about to type the same response.  Which size?  12"?  13"?  14"?  15"?

JFunky

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2005, 12:03:31 PM »
I've been trying to hear two different HiHats but everytime I go to S.A. or G.C., they don't have them.  One is the Sabian HHX Groove hats and the other is K Zildjian Hats.  13" & 14" on both. (I guess that makes 4 hihats. :oops: )

Eccentric-Rhythm

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2005, 12:12:13 PM »
I am really thinking about the Zildjian DYNO Hats. They have a K on top and Z on the bottom. One is slightly larger than the other. Does anyone have any knowledge, good or bad, about these Hats..???

God Bless.

JFunky

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 12:45:55 PM »
Yeah, they have some serious cut.  They also sound real nice in recordings.  Most of the time I've seen and heard them is on a live setting because they project well for a 13".  Overall, they're real good. (To me anyway)

Offline XYZ-Angel

  • LGM Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 57
  • Gender: Male

which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 11:50:17 AM »
They do have sound clips for da cymbals don't they? :?:
Have you tried that?

j_kay

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2005, 11:59:24 AM »
I think that he is aware of that, but I have the feeling that he would rather audition them in person to hear every nuance of the cymbal before making a (major) purchase.  :)

The soundclips are good, but it pales in comparison to being able to play the cymbal in person.  Everyone has a different touch when it comes to playing the cymbals (and drums).   :)

Eccentric-Rhythm

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »
Quote from: j_kay
I think that he is aware of that, but I have the feeling that he would rather audition them in person to hear every nuance of the cymbal before making a (major) purchase.  :)

The soundclips are good, but it pales in comparison to being able to play the cymbal in person.  Everyone has a different touch when it comes to playing the cymbals (and drums).   :)


Amen J...Amen. Thats exactly right. I have heard all the sound clips, but that is not accurate. You have to actually play them, even then, they sound different at your exact location....

GOd Bless.

j_kay

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 03:07:43 PM »
On another note, Sabian's AAX Fast Hats are killin' the competiton!  *lol*

Eccentric-Rhythm

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2005, 03:19:22 PM »
I just bought some Zildjian 13" Scimitar High Hats with a Brilliant Finish. I got a killer deal them. We shall see how they sound. Anyone know about these?

God Bless.

j_kay

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 03:41:06 PM »
Yeah, they're Zildjian's early to mid ninties entry line of cymbals.  We had a set at my church in 1990.

j_kay

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 03:51:51 PM »
Sidenote: Zildjian had two types from what I can recall - Scimitar and Scimitar Bronze.  I cannot recall the difference, though.

Offline BEATBOXERZ

  • LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3072
  • Gender: Male

which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 06:23:03 PM »
What up Mr. White? I play new beats and I have a pair of Z's also. And with the two I mix them in combos. I go Z top and new beat bottom.  It's an interesting sound. Z are real thick more for heavier playing and the new beats are for that studio sound so I get a very clean and crisp sound.
But the New beats are the standard so try the them out when you go to the store and make a decision. God bless.

Offline SabianKnight

  • Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 5884
  • Gender: Male
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 09:39:25 PM »
Quote from: j_kay
On another note, Sabian's AAX Fast Hats are killin' the competiton!  *lol*

TRUE, TRUE....
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline SabianKnight

  • Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 5884
  • Gender: Male
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 09:42:37 PM »
Anyone here not from Memphis (Memphis Drum Shop lesson rooms) ever played the old Zildjian Platnum series.

What do you guys think of the down and dirty 13" K Custom Special hihats which (remind me of the Bospherous New Orleans series)?
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

j_kay

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 10:13:24 PM »
Too dark for my tastes.  :)

Eccentric-Rhythm

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2005, 09:14:44 AM »
Quote from: SabianKnight
Anyone here not from Memphis (Memphis Drum Shop lesson rooms) ever played the old Zildjian Platnum series.

What do you guys think of the down and dirty 13" K Custom Special hihats which (remind me of the Bospherous New Orleans series)?


I like dark....Maybe they will suite my taste. I am really torn about hihats right now. I like my 13" new beats, but am tempted for a new sound.

God Bless.

Offline sugabear

  • LGM Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1867
  • Gender: Male
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2005, 11:42:34 AM »
Zildjian Scimitar's suck. My aunt use to have some that I use to borrow when I got serious about playing. They don't have a decent sound quality whatsoever. If you're going that route Sabian B8's sound waaaay better than Scimitar. Now, the ZBT are pretty cool, but I would stay away from Scimtar, and they're ugly as all get out to boot.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Eccentric-Rhythm

  • Guest
which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 12:18:04 PM »
Quote from: sugabear
Zildjian Scimitar's suck. My aunt use to have some that I use to borrow when I got serious about playing. They don't have a decent sound quality whatsoever. If you're going that route Sabian B8's sound waaaay better than Scimitar. Now, the ZBT are pretty cool, but I would stay away from Scimtar, and they're ugly as all get out to boot.


Hey Suga, I found that out after I got them yesterday. I already sent them back!!!! I dont know why, but for some stupid reason, I was thinking they were like some high end vintage or something...Man was I wrong!! haha. I agree, I would also take ZBT's over those.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up