LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: which are the best hi-hats?  (Read 15743 times)

JFunky

which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2005, 01:01:04 PM »
Hey "E" let me help you out.  Get the A Custom Mastersounds 13".  Listen to your fellow Zildjian brother.  :wink:

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2005, 01:06:42 PM »
Quote from: JFunky
Hey "E" let me help you out.  Get the A Custom Mastersounds 13".  Listen to your fellow Zildjian brother.  :wink:

You would take those over the K Mastersounds? What is your Zildjian Pallete? Let me know what you got.

I am torn between
A Cutsom Mastersounds
K Mastersounds
or
Dyno Beats K/Z
all 13's.

God Bless.

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
yep, the scimitar's are very weak. they're for beginners, entry level cymbals. But so are any entry level hi hats from any cymbal company. Thats just my humble opinion.

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2005, 08:47:15 PM »
what you need to get the 14" A zildjian new beat hats. they are perfect for any musical situation are one of the most recorded hats in the world....
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2005, 09:56:08 PM »
the best zildjian hi hats i heard was a 13" k hi hat on top and a 13" a custom mastersound bottom at the bottom if any one has access to these to hi hats put them together and tell me what u think

j_kay

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2005, 08:17:01 AM »
Interesting combination...  I'd love to hear those.

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2005, 08:47:43 AM »
Quote from: bmoredrummerguy
the best zildjian hi hats i heard was a 13" k hi hat on top and a 13" a custom mastersound bottom at the bottom if any one has access to these to hi hats put them together and tell me what u think

Interesting. I might have to try that.

God Bless.

Offline bmoredrummerguy

• LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2005, 09:45:19 PM »
im looking forwanrd to this recording i am doing before the end of the year and i am going to use those hi hats but its an r&b recording so when the cd is finish i am thinking about playing a song on here but not sure cause it is secular music and i dont wanna offend anyone with obscene song lyrics but i will put the nices song we have on here

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

Re: which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »

Whatchu say about the Fast Hats???  I heard a pair (on a hi-hat stand) for the first time, and I must say that I would trade my AAX Fusion hats in a second!  *lol*

I know the thread is super old but i wanted to research and find a thread on my situation before i posted a thread.  I ordered a pair of 13" AAX Fusion Hi-hats but what came in was a pair of 13" AAX Fast hats, i didnt send them back because i wanted to try them out in person first and i dig the sound. But ive been wondering which of the two were better you in some you alls opinion? Especially you J_kay, my taste is similar to yours.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »
I know the thread is super old but i wanted to research and find a thread on my situation before i posted a thread.  I ordered a pair of 13" AAX Fusion Hi-hats but what came in was a pair of 13" AAX Fast hats, i didnt send them back because i wanted to try them out in person first and i dig the sound. But ive been wondering which of the two were better you in some you alls opinion? Especially you J_kay, my taste is similar to yours.

If the AAX's don't fit the bill, I would suggest the AA Fusion hats(AA top, HH bottom).  I have a 14" pair.  Everytime I played, somebody would ask me what kind of hats I was using.  They are very crispy and record well too.  Also, Sabian EQ hats are great hats too.  Just a suggestion.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »
Ay, I had the AAX Fusions since 2004, and they worked fine for me.  As of recent, my ear wanted to hear more of a washier tone when doing some splashes.  I ended up getting Meinl's Fast Hats, since my 12"s were destroyed by someone at church.  R.I.P., 12" A Custom Mastersounds...

To answer your inquiry, I would choose the Fast Hats out of the two.  I love that extremely defined foot chick and stick sound.  Because of the sheer weight of the bottom cymbal, I'm not sure if you'd get a really nice musical spread/wash from them (although I haven't tried to when I tested them out in a store). 
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »
Ay, I had the AAX Fusions since 2004, and they worked fine for me.

Sidenote: I got rid of them thangs, too... They're not bad hats, though - I just wanted something different.
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 02:45:11 AM »
I really like tha hats Ronald bruner was using on the SSV2 joint
They sound like HHX Groove hats.....im not sure though
I couldn't get a good look at them

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 10:55:26 AM »
...I'm with j_kay on this one.  We have the AAX Fusion Hats at my church.  Not bad at all but my ears have polished up a bit and the music that we're playing is asking for a pair of hats that have a smoother sound and not too bold. (CCM/Worship)  So I agree, the AAX Fast Hats are very good.  You should keep 'em.

...Are they Brilliant or Natural Finish?
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »
I have an older pair of 13" AAX Fusions where the top hat has a thinner cut similar to the Fast Hats however I prefer the Fast Hats. That thin top over extra heavy bottom is very musical. You get very nice wash from the thin top.

I found a set of 10" AA Fusion mini hats that sound better than my 13"s... even had better wash. I don't know if they are still available but if they are...

Those Ronald Brunner hats were 15" prototypes. 15" hats are really popular amongst some of LGMs favs : Chris Dave and Terreon "Tank" Gully both use them. I plan to get a set of them myself in the not too distant future.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline JonathanLR

• LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 02:29:19 PM »
i got 14inch Z mastersound hi hats and its the first thing anyone notices. they are veryy nice
Jonathan

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
I have an older pair of 13" AAX Fusions where the top hat has a thinner cut similar to the Fast Hats however I prefer the Fast Hats. That thin top over extra heavy bottom is very musical. You get very nice wash from the thin top.

I found a set of 10" AA Fusion mini hats that sound better than my 13"s... even had better wash. I don't know if they are still available but if they are...

Those Ronald Brunner hats were 15" prototypes. 15" hats are really popular amongst some of LGMs favs : Chris Dave and Terreon "Tank" Gully both use them. I plan to get a set of them myself in the not too distant future.

I actually just used a pair of the 15" HHX Groove Hats (Nat. Finish) for a recording a few weeks back. I might have to go back and buy those. Even though they had wash, they weren't out of control. They're even more versatile than I thought they would be.  The only thing I wish they had more of was stick definition, but it wasn't bad enough to complain about.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 04:33:45 PM »
...I'm with j_kay on this one.  We have the AAX Fusion Hats at my church.  Not bad at all but my ears have polished up a bit and the music that we're playing is asking for a pair of hats that have a smoother sound and not too bold. (CCM/Worship)  So I agree, the AAX Fast Hats are very good.  You should keep 'em.

...Are they Brilliant or Natural Finish?

Brilliant

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
Ay, I had the AAX Fusions since 2004, and they worked fine for me.  As of recent, my ear wanted to hear more of a washier tone when doing some splashes.  I ended up getting Meinl's Fast Hats, since my 12"s were destroyed by someone at church.  R.I.P., 12" A Custom Mastersounds...

To answer your inquiry, I would choose the Fast Hats out of the two.  I love that extremely defined foot chick and stick sound.  Because of the sheer weight of the bottom cymbal, I'm not sure if you'd get a really nice musical spread/wash from them (although I haven't tried to when I tested them out in a store). 

Thanks for the response.  I'm going to keep them. 

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »
I own the 13" AAX Fusion Hats. I love them. Which hats do you guys think are more versatile?
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up