LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: which are the best hi-hats?  (Read 15669 times)

E.R.

Re: which are the best hi-hats?
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »
...hey E-R, your 13" Dark hats and the T. Lang's (13") are my favorite right now.  I like Johnny Rabb's for the X-hats.  j_kay and I tested out the Byzance Brilliant Crashes last night.  (16" Thin and Med. Thin)  So far, the Med. Thin wins out of the two.  I want to check out the Tradish. line though.  8) 

The Darks and T.Langs are definitely my faves. I'd love to get my hands on some T. Langs next. Tradish line is sweet. its what I got and I love it. It makes sense that the Med. Thin would win in the Brilliant Finish. The Thin would would probably sound too bright. Darks and Jazz are tough too.  ;)

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »
The Darks and T.Langs are definitely my faves. I'd love to get my hands on some T. Langs next. Tradish line is sweet. its what I got and I love it. It makes sense that the Med. Thin would win in the Brilliant Finish. The Thin would would probably sound too bright. Darks and Jazz are tough too.  ;)

...I'm actually trying to get the pallette as versatile as I can get it.  When I saw Russ Miller last night, his pallette sounded great across genre's.  From Jazz to Pop...his cymbals were there and blended extremely well.  I said to myself...."Self, you have to develop your ears like Russ and j_kay." LOL

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline NINOdaDRUMMA

• LGM Member

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2008, 08:32:14 PM »
Ive got the 12" a custom mastersounds and i love them, theyre so nice and crisp and they have a great choke sound.. i would definately recommend them

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2008, 07:53:34 PM »
Brilliant

Im sorry, theyre traditional. And the sound has been broken in and theyre awesome. The stick definition is best with round beaded sticks like Vater 7A Manhattans. Im also goin' to purchase another set that blends rather than cut but dont know which yet...

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »
Wait until you get some nice HHXs, UFIP Natural Light Hats or some Byzance Darks...   ;D
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

E.R.

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2008, 08:38:05 AM »
Wait until you get some nice HHXs, UFIP Natural Light Hats or some Byzance Darks...   ;D

;) :) 8)

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2008, 09:26:41 AM »
Ay, truth be told, I'd go with the UFIP Natural Light Hats over the two.

E.R.

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2008, 09:48:10 AM »
Ay, truth be told, I'd go with the UFIP Natural Light Hats over the two.

Hey, we can't always love the same thing.  ;D

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2008, 08:47:23 PM »
I'm thinking to get the A mastersounds, quick beats, new beats OR AAX's.  what do y'all think?  What hi-hats have the best sound for church and just grooving?

Man why so bright!!! HH 13 or 14' Groove Hats, HH 13' Fusion Hats, HH 14' Rock Hats, HH 14 Regular Hats!!! Try those out first.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2008, 06:53:34 PM »
...the ones that has the most "chick" and defined stick sound to your ears!  *lol*

No, seriously - I think that it would be best for you to hear each model to ascertain which model produces the best sound.  Everyone has a preference of the "perfect" hi-hat sound. Who knows, you may like the A Custom Mastersound, or you may like the AAX (Stage, Fusion, Fast, etc) series of hats.

Don't worry about playing what others would approve of.  It's about what you like!  :)

This guy...  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up