Zildjian Or Sabian

Zildjian
7 (50%)
Sabian
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: September 29, 2005, 12:56:51 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zildian or Sabian  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Da1witdastix

• LGM Member

Zildian or Sabian
« on: September 29, 2005, 12:56:51 PM »
I kno this question was ask before but this for me and drummerboy93... do u think is betta? Me, myself, personlly i used Zildian A Customs and a o-zone
I don\'t need a month I make history er\'yday

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Re: Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 01:20:03 PM »
Quote from: Da1witdastix
I kno this question was ask before but this for me and drummerboy93... do u think is betta? Me, myself, personlly i used Zildian A Customs and a o-zone

It is really not a good question for you to ask since you have made a decision yourself  :lol: .

I personally won't spend money on mixing brands nor do I like to play on setups with mixed brands. I personally have only done it once in my own setup (for one week) on a loan of a Zildjian A Custom flat ride for a corporate gig because my ride voice too loud. I have since planned to get a Sabian Signature Crystal (flat) Ride.

If you really think one brand is the best use only that one brand. I do. My number one choice is Sabian. To me when you can't get the sound that you want it is time to change (the whole setup not just one piece), simple (but expensive). Question is how important is your sound, your voice? My voice is VERY importantant to me. PLaying music is about consistency.

We keep asking the same question and too many folk that chime in are not showing the brand loyalty they claim to have. Hmmm. No wonder some people find it hard to have a sound of there own. It starts with your gear - wood, skins, bronze and tuning/pitch.

Play what you mean and mean what you play. (Who knows somewher down the line I may become the Bosperous Knight or the MeinlMachine,   :? ) . :lol: . Let's keep searching guys.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

j_kay

Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 01:51:30 PM »
I prefer Sabian based on the sound pallette that the company provides.  I know that my church owns a combination of cheap Paiste (Alpha and equivalent) with one 16" AAXplosion crash and 14" Zildjian Mastersound Hats.  They want to purchase a set of cymbals so that I won't have to bring (read: lug) my cymbal vault.  

I can't do that since I feel that the cymbals that I own are my voice, and that voice is Sabian (with the exception of two).  *lol*

Eccentric-Rhythm

Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »
I have said since day one, and I will always say...I am a Zildjian man. See Sabian, I stick to my guns!! haha. Sabian is so right, You gotta find your own voice. Cymbals will definitely do it for you. For me as an individual, its not that I dont like any other cymbal brand, its that I have found what I PERSONALLY need from Zildjian. I am currently changing over from A's & A Customs to K's & K Cutsoms.
Which ever way someone goes, I definitely do not advise getting the low end cymbals....It is not even worth the money. To some extent, if you have a junky drumset, as long as you put some good heads and know how to tune, you are gonna sound alright, no you wont be up to par with hi end, but you will be doing ok....HOWEVER..... If you try to save money on cymbals...HAHA, it doesnt happen. You are going to sound terrible. You cant make a cymbal sound better.

MHO

God Bless.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 07:11:59 PM »
Quote from: Eccentric-Rhythm
I have said since day one, and I will always say...I am a Zildjian man. See Sabian, I stick to my guns!! haha. Sabian is so right, You gotta find your own voice. Cymbals will definitely do it for you. For me as an individual, its not that I dont like any other cymbal brand, its that I have found what I PERSONALLY need from Zildjian. I am currently changing over from A's & A Customs to K's & K Cutsoms.
Which ever way someone goes, I definitely do not advise getting the low end cymbals....It is not even worth the money. To some extent, if you have a junky drumset, as long as you put some good heads and know how to tune, you are gonna sound alright, no you wont be up to par with hi end, but you will be doing ok....HOWEVER..... If you try to save money on cymbals...HAHA, it doesnt happen. You are going to sound terrible. You cant make a cymbal sound better.

MHO

God Bless.

Yeah, the only way to save money on cymbals and get a good sound it to trol the pawn shops and music stores for used ones. Or buy Wuhan Traditionls, LOL.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 10:24:57 PM »
Zildjian

JFunky

Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 11:32:57 PM »
Zildjian, Zildjian,Zildjian,Zildjian,Zildjian............................(JAWS Music, ha ha) :D

Offline TightHands

• LGM Member
  • YOU WISH THIS SET WAS YOURS......DONT U??
    • http://www.myspace.com/choppinforchrist

Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 09:59:06 AM »
I know I used to be the one always braggin on Zildjian, but Sabian has that explosive feel that I love, and some of thier lower brand cymbals( b8, b8-pros, and xs20) almost sound as good as zildjians higher brand cymbals,(my oppion).

j_kay

Zildian or Sabian
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 11:42:59 AM »
It's good that you've ventured out to see (read: hear) what's out there, besides that 'one company', who I will remain nameless! *coughZildjiancough*  

:lol:   *lol*   :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up