LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When learning new song,do you use other as influences?  (Read 559 times)

Offline katstrat

• LGM Member
    • http://

When learning new song,do you use other as influences?
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:02:19 PM »
As I play bass,I can hear a lot of other bass player influences coming thru in my playing. I can hear those bass player's in the melody,then I try to play that. Here's an example: I have listened to mostly heavy rock since I was 10 or so. While I don't listen to too much of the music anymore,I still like the bass parts. We learning a song," Sing to the King" and for some idea,I thought that the bass part of "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns & Roses would be an interesting fit. It does, here's another one ,like "Take my Heart(Holiness,holiness)" Steve Miller's "The Joker" bass line drops rght in there. Anyone else do this?

cleveakabig

Re: When learning new song,do you use other as influences?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 07:01:26 AM »
Quote from: katstrat
As I play bass,I can hear a lot of other bass player influences coming thru in my playing. I can hear those bass player's in the melody,then I try to play that. Here's an example: I have listened to mostly heavy rock since I was 10 or so. While I don't listen to too much of the music anymore,I still like the bass parts. We learning a song," Sing to the King" and for some idea,I thought that the bass part of "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns & Roses would be an interesting fit. It does, here's another one ,like "Take my Heart(Holiness,holiness)" Steve Miller's "The Joker" bass line drops rght in there. Anyone else do this?

This is what I do. I listen to the song, good first then,I learn the basic notes for the song or Building blocks. Then play what you feel to add to what basics.

IM old shcool, that came out of retirement, but I gotten tips and play with the bass player from, Mighty clouds of joy, soutern sons and other as a child.
Bass players should remember we set the groove for music, and what's in yoru heart and how you feel when you play,can be heard in yoru playing.

This will help in your creation also. You want to have the blues when you write about blus and so on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up